When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor 5514

Hi all,

So I'm very interested in getting my hands on a "vintage" Tudor 5514. I see that Trusty has one, with Asian 2836 movement. Has anyone handled one of these? How accurate are they? Are they well made? Is Trusty the best source to pick one of these up, or is there a better supplier?

In the long-run I'd like to have one custom-made (or do it myself), but I'd like to get my hands on one to see if I like it, before I invest significantly more cash in it.

Either way, just looking for a nice vintage Tudor Submariner. Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks.

I bought the A2813 version of this rep and didn't like it mainly because the dial size is far bigger than gen. There are many 1:1 sub models which takes gen 26 mm dials and I'd get one of them with an Asian 2824 and swap the dial from Yuki's if the project cost is around $400 or going for A2813 with a dial from Raffles (cost would be $200). The crwon on those cartel subs is terrible and you will need to replace it (another $50-100?).

Some examples of such cartel 1:1 sub based projects (happy to share details if needed):

RIMG05211.jpg

RIMG1895_zpse7d978f4.jpg

RIMG0557.jpg

Picture001.jpg