When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Authentic Pam251 ?

spch

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying a Pam 188 online. Its from a reputable vendor (and the pictures look spot on) but no box, replacement strap or papers.

Does anyone know if you can check the serial numbers to confirm authenticity ? They're - OP6637, PB524880 and H093/700.

Thanks,

Edited by spch

This is a perfect example of what has been discussed in a topic in general Discussion today. the increase in the number of fakes on EBay. What you did, and obviously a bunch of other folks didn't is you did your due diligence. Everything known to man is available on the internet, all you need to do is search!! looking at this auction, the first thing that strikes me is the dealer feedback. 96% -Red Flag, next off look at what the guy is selling, mostly used clothing. He's not a watch merchant -Red Flag.  most of the watch stuff he sells are parts and accessories. Now to the watch itself, what is a genuine Daylight selling for? On EBay, they are selling for around 6500-8000 USD with box and papers, screwdriver, etc. So the low price alone would lead you to be suspicious. Even if a seller of a genuine watch starts the bidding at 1 USD, I can guarantee you he will have a reserve price that is very close to market value. With these types of sales, once the bidding gets over 300-400 USD, the seller is making money! -Red Flag And last, where are the boxes and paperwork? It would be very suspicious that someone would keep the rubber bezel guard, but throw away that nice wooden Panerai box, all the paperwork and accessories. -Red Flag

I sure hope that the buyer takes this watch to a dealer or competent watchsmith, have him open the caseback and see the A7750 movement inside, take some photos and a statement that it's a fake. If done quickly, the buyer may have a chance to get his money back. Pretty good chance that if the seller thinks he got away with it, he might hang around, but he may take the money out, close his PayPal account and disappear into the night. Can always reappear with a different name address and email, presto!! New account on EBay.