When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty Time (Andrew) acting ridiculous?!?!?

Guest REPPIN

Guest REPPIN

So I just ordered 4 watches from Trusty Time.

I get the QC Pics and 1 of the watches is a different dial and bezel than I ordered one.

Two of the watches aren't even the right watch. AT ALL.

And the last one is right. So 1 out of 4 is correct.

So I email him and tell him what's going on...he the. Responds and tells me to circle the problems in the QC pics..... WTH. The problem is they are wrong.

I've ordered ALOT of watches from him and never had any issue like this. Has anyone been having problems with him lately?

Ordered my first 2 watches from him last week and I have been utterly impressed with the whole process. Best company I've dealt with so far by a mile, I just wish he would supply noob stuff. I think everyone will have a bad day now and again. I hope you get it sorted buddy.

Guest REPPIN

Well that's the thing. I've ordered over a dozen watches from him and NEVER had these kind of problems. 

So I'm just wondering whats going on, seems like he isn't paying attention....or maybe like you guys said, maybe he has someone working thats just not as good as he is. 

It's annoying when it happens. Sort of the same thing happened to me with my last order from WI. Suddenly the new staff started to answer the emails and mixed up things to the point I realised i would have to wait forever if i didn't end the process as accepted before the new person messed it up.

I just bought my fourth watch from him in six months and he's always been great to deal with, although he's not a conversationist :-). I was unhappy with my out of focus QC pics and he sent new ones within the day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had some minor issues with my last order as well. Never had such issues on the 3 prior purchases. I asked clarification on a QC pic and it took about a week to confirm if the picture had dust or it was in fact a scratch.

In the end it was all good when the real Andrew returned. I think much patience is required and eventually it will get there. 

I think you've got to remember that most (all?) dealers will have some staff working for them, and I think the "main man/woman" is the one that goes out and buys the watches we have ordered, and does loads of other stuff only they can do, so the other staff will from time to time be asked to deal with emails. Remember their first language is not English, so there's a problem right there, they struggle to understand us, especially if we use slang or other contractions, etc. Plus to them, it's just a job and I wouldn't be suprised if their standards are way below our standards.

If I get a response like that I just reply in very basic, almost child like English and that has worked every time so far.