When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 237 Terrible cyclops!

panerai153

Hi guys, I got this 237 in a M2M sale a few weeks back, very nice watch, runs great , has wonderful lume, but it has one glaring problem. The Cyclops is terrible. There are times when the numbers are so distorted that it's almost impossible to read. It almost looks like it's over magnified  as well as distorted.

Are their aftermarket crystals available for this model with the proper size  and magnification Cyclops?

Photo:

post-327-0-75988900-1401202842_thumb.jpg

Guest mikemcnair

Can you remove and measure the crystal? If so, I have MANY crystals I could send you.

Also, if you are capable of removing the crystal, I would think of removing the cyclops all together. The only consideration would be if there is AR between the cyclops and the underside of the crystal.

If it were mine, I'd remove the crystal, remove the cyclops, and if there is AR I'd remove that too.

If you need assistance or a "DIY" for this if be glad to post it.

Thanks very much. I really don't have the skills or the tools to tear into a watch!! I was wondering if there were any sources for crystals that  I could send with my watch to one of the forum modders to have replaced. I would prefer to keep the Cyclops, my old eyes need all the help they can get. I really appreciate your offer. This is a 44mm PAM, not sure if all the 44mm watches use the same size crystal, this one has I believe a 7mm Cyclops. 

Guest mikemcnair

There are variations far beyond what you would expect. I have 10 different "bodies" here and I have 10 different crystals, and 10 different crown guards... You get the idea.

What makes me crazy is trying to match them all up lol. I swear while I sleep little gnomes come into my home and rearrange things!

Perhaps more details about the place of purchase, factory, TD, anything could help us solve this for you.

I do know this: even without a crystal press, removing and installing a crystal is NOT HARD. Just a thought for you.

Mike, I contacted the seller, and he told me that he bought the watch new from Joshua (Perfect Clones). not sure if that would be any help. In the end, it will probably require taking the crystal out measuring it and trying to find another one that fits.

Guest mikemcnair

You are correct in that the best way to know for sure is to have it removed and measured and examined.

Some of them have an angle to the outer edge to accept the nylon sealing ring differently, some are a flat 90* angle from the side. Etc

The only other solution I could come up with that would help immediately is to send you a whole watch head with a crystal already in it, therefore making your job a lot easier; just swap the "guts" and you're golden.

The only question that would raise is the CG size and dimensions for the CG screws you have, simply because I would rather not send one with a CG, but I have no problem giving you a watch head that would solve your issues.

Thanks Mike,

I'm not going to so anything right now, I have three different watches out getting modded/ repaired right now, and I'm going to wait until those are back home before I do any more.

I do appreciate the offer, thanks very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest mikemcnair

No prob man, let me know if you want a case with crystal installed. I don't want any money for it, I have plenty.

(I'll show ya what I mean in a minute ;) )