When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 250 v 196

DamonHorse

Hello All

This is likely as stupid a question as it sounds but the 196 gets a great write up as being one of the best reps out there and the pages at the TD i use (Andrew at Trusty Time who I have to say is always exceptional on the customer care front) - highlights this.

I am more a fan of the brushed 250 case but the page for the latest rep of that isn't as glowing in its write up so I wanted to ask those that know - that being you! - if the 250 is an inferior rep for some reason or if it just isn't getting the love it's due?

I am torn between the 326 and the 250 but if the 250 is as good as the 196 then I think that would be the way I would go.

Any help really really appreciated.

Thanks

Damon 

The 7753's daylights are all basically the same. Go with what you like. The 7753's are much better than the old 7750's IMHO but the analisti amongst us have noticed that there might be a wobble in one of the Chrono hands. Unless you have a bionic eye you'll never probably notice

Toro has them for a complete bargain http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=736. Can get a decent strap with the saving

Thanks StormTrooper4 that is a really really helpful reply.

I had assumed the 196 and 250 were the same but wanted to check that one wasn't made by a different factory. Great price as well so I think it's definitely the 250 for me then!

I see from previous posts that you love our 196 and I am sure you wear it well!

As ever some nice new shoes will be required as the straps are always poor but you're right when you say the saving will pretty much sort that.

I also see they seem to be K serial numbers and I like not having the newest letter model for some reason so all good.

As for the Chrono wobble I've had gens from panerai - non Chrono I must say that don't compare the some of my reps. So all swings and roundabouts.

Hanks again.