When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW 6265 w/Mystery Movement

Aero_Dave

Ok, so I have a DW 6265 with the Mystery Movement incoming. This one was supposedly built early last year by DW himself. Not sure from my research what version of his MM it has. I’ve read there may have been a V1 & V2 MM? Also I was told the pushers were upgraded to better ones, but the arms may be a little short, so running the chrono has issues.  I was told its keeping good time though. So, what can I expect with this MM and is there anyone that can or does work on these movements? Anyone have any old MM laying around that don’t’ work? I may look into trying to pick one up for spare parts.       

D1.jpg

Thanks,
Dave...

1st, I was not aware that anyone, including DW, was using MM anymore. Are you sure it is a MM?

2nd, the pushers that DW has been using are the same as those sold by ofrei.com & other watch parts houses. So, if yours are too short, simply purchase another set (you cut them to fit your movement).

Anyone who works on chronos (I am not accepting any new work, so please do not PM me) can clean/lube/adjust a MM, but it is nearly impossible to find replacement parts, which is why they are not generally used anymore. Once a part is needed, your only real option is to replace the movement (I believe, but cannot guarantee, that a 7750 can be made to fit the case).

Thanks Freddy. Yes, I'm told by the owner it has a DW MM. I'm trying to ping the Original owner.

I will be the 3rd owner of this watch.

In my reading, the 7750 may fit the case, but then the dial would also need to be replaced and the crown

and pushers will not line-up correctly.

My understanding is, the MM has the gen spec'd sub-dial spacing, where the 7750 does not.

Dave...

Dave, the MM is tricky.

I have one of the old ones.

The problem is, it's not a V72 nor a V23 copy. It's not a copy of any known Lemania either.

Even though the subdial layout is V23 like.

Mine was working fine - then I snapped the stem and was never able to find a replacement. Genuine V72 stem, V23 stem - both didn't fit.

Other than that the movement looks ok. I'm not sure all keyless parts are still there though.

Let me know if you are interested in it.

A368C0C0-7B53-44D2-A7D3-F8065E826EDA_zps

52C33655-C2CC-4048-A11E-A9F990D79832_zps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1st, I was not aware that anyone, including DW, was using MM anymore. Are you sure it is a MM?

Freddy, yes I heard from the original owner. He said yes in deed, it is a DW MM. He also said the replacement pushers are a tad too short and that's why the chrono has issues. But the movement is supposed to be running fine, or it was at least when he owned it. David built it last year by request.

Dave...