When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Time for presentation

Hi Gents,

as from the subject, after some 10/15 posts is now time for presenting myself :-)

I'm Alex (GenTLe as Nickname), writing from beautiful Italy (north side of it)

Came into this hobby after I purchased a really "el cheapo" bad rep in Istanbul last Jan, going only for the look, which was a kind of franken between a Calibre de Cartier (the dial) and a Ronde the Cartier (the case) with a low end 21.6kbph.

Then I started to scratch about that model in the web, discovered that it was a mess, and slowly started to gain some knowledge here and there about dealers, models, factories, calibers etc etc.

So then I got my first PAM (http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/170323-pam00164-review-from-andrew/) and now i'm looking forward to get back a new credit card (as I got the wallet stolen 1 week ago - my bad: forgot my bag on the train... Found it back from a lady the day after with everything but the money, but in the meantime I had already made the banks to "burn" all my cards there) so that I can use it with PP and get a nice Omega POLM and probably also a good rep of a Calibre de Cartier from ToroBravo :-)

Here we are.

Ciao, GenTLe

It is amazing how many people come here having bought the "el cheapo" first. Welcome.

Eheh, you can imagine: I was coming back from Lagos (Nigeria) where i worked first 2 weeks of the new year, and decided to stop 3 full days in Instambul to wander around in Istanbul (FANTASTIC city!!!!) as a tourist while, going around in the Grand Bazaar (and I mean Grand! -> http://www.istanbultrails.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/istanbul-grand-bazaar-map-1.jpg) I got caught by a small leather shop displaying all sorts of apparently precious watches.

And while I was there like a child in front of a candy shop a guy came out and asked me if I was interested. My reply has been "I don't think I can afford one of these..." and he replied: "You can, they are fake: prices from 160 to 400€ ;-))". At that point I was stepping into the "trap" of the rep hobby ;-)

I think you can't really get into rep until you don't really see, touch and get greedy of something like this (ps: these are gen):

752200d1341152069-watch-collections-watc

Hi and welcome to the forum. Have fun reading all the available information

Thanks Nightwatch :-)

Edited by GenTLe

Very nice collection of Longines! Love the Legends Diver!!!! Welcome aboard.

Not mine!!!

I'm not that wealthy (actually I'm not wealthy at all!), it was just to say that only when you get in contact with a tray like that you can get greedy of having few watches ;-))