When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Didn't take long for my replica rolex to stop working

Guest rolexuk

Having read this thread, expecting OP to be ridiculed, but getting good friendly advise, I have put this forum as my No.1 and will have to apply for VIP :1a:

If only I can find How?

I'm in the mood for a little ridicule ... so here goes.

I still have a LOT of reps but, at one time, I had so many I was a candidate for some sort of rehab program.

Recently, I was going thru my watch boxes ... probably hold about 20 or so each, and I stumbled upon a PVD Panerai I hadn't noticed in years.  It's the very basic Luminor with no seconds hand or date.  I set it, gave it a couple of winds, and wore it ... mysteriously, but maybe due to setting so long, it only ran a short while.  Thinking it might lube itself up, I did it again a few times with the same result.  

It was several years old, and obviously not a watch that got much wrist time, so no big deal, I tossed it in the garbage can in my bedroom.  A day or so later, it occured to me that the rotor might have just fallen off so I retrieved it, and hand wound it a lot, just to see if was the movement or maybe the rotor.  I wound and wound it til ... it stopped.

Then I recognized the watch.  Josh suggested I buy it years ago because it had a really nice Swiss wind up movement that he thought would be rare.  It runs for days on a full wind and keeps absolutely perfect time.

One thing about the watch that does seem odd.  In those days, I don't remember Super Lume being and option but this thing has a sort of orangish lume that glows green all night like a torch.

Anyway, if I'm going to ridicule someone, I prefer to target myself.  I've done so many stupid things in my life, I'll never run out of material!

Bill