When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why so difficult to find a Rolex good for me?

GenTLe

Slowly building my collection, and I think a Rolex can't miss...

Unfortunately I'm really in troubles to get a Rolex that I like :-//

The sub/yatch/sea/daytona/GMT ones are too "showing off" for my style, and I'm also waiting an Omega POLM that has a kind of same style.

The Cellini are only quartz or "el cheapo"...

Explorer I and Milgauss are like the watch my father was wearing before passing over (so before 1985) = they look "old" to me

Airking is not that bad, but the dial is too messy for me

DateJust are more near to my style but again they don't catch me

Sky-Dweller is nice, but the rep are bad as they can't run the original functions

Basically the only one that could potentially fit my taste is the DayDate II, but still I'me getting overconfused by the amount of different models around witch I can get if they are from fantasy or not...

This is my preferred one:

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_232&products_id=5284

Comparing the QC pictures doesn't look bad:

Gen - Rep

218239bkrp.jpg

4E7HM.jpg

But, first of all: is it realistic or fantasy? What do you think about it? I've seen the "swiss made" like on the rep and like on the gen around, does it exists with both versions or the one with the "SWISS VI MADE" like in the rep is pure fantasy?

And in the end: this one is from 2009 (in the rep site): just wondering if the ETA is still a real ETA (=watch built in 2009 when still ETA was selling to 3rd parties) or if the Asian clone is recent as in 2009 I'm not sure how good they were... Or, if the watch is made on demand and so now and therefore better an asian clone...

Finally, playing around Rolex watches, I've given a look also to Tudor which, if I got it right, are just kind of Rolex with standard ETA movement, and I get the gen that I'd REALLY like to find as rep and, unfortunately, looks like not yet available:

Tudor Heritage Ranger

1447851d1396824940-tudor-heritage-ranger

Love the second strap...

Ok, so after I spent some hours digging around the web, I found these 3 that are pretty good and based on real models (checked with gen picures).

These damn DayDate II have been done in bloody dozens of models, with tiny particular differences (i.e. hands in blue/silver or "swiss made" around or below the 6/VI), and on the rep site it's also plenty of funny mixtures... A real mess to get gen-like ones!!!!!

The final list (only considering Roman numbers!) are: 

Q5Chl.jpg

qPtRn.jpg

EkkUH.jpg

I'm seriously tempted by the yellow gold one: probably I'll wear it really really really rarely (also because wearing such object can be a life threat, if you end-up in the wrong quartier!), but since I don't go mad for Rolex, why not? ;-)

Otherwise the bluish one with silver hands and numbers, which is more daily usable :-)

Any advice on Asian Clone of Rolex 3156??

Tnx, GenTLe