When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How long ?

Mark Whinn

I know it's a long process do a returned watch to China , and the word 'Patience' keeps cropping up . But why and how can it take months ? Yeh I know it goes to a paid address , not direct to dealer , but surely can't take any longer than a fortnight ?

I'm ready for giving up , as can't be bothered with same old reply from Perfect clones 'Not in yet'

Very disappointing to receive a knackered watch in first place , then to lose it , and £300 is a bit sickening .

sorry for your troubles mate.

Theres no way I would bother sending a watch back. It gets lost then you,v lost the watch and your money.With the price of reps getting higher and higher its about time the dealers sorted out some better ways of sorting doa watches. Or better still check the bloody things better b4 they are sent.I can't accept that all these watches get broken in transit.

Dont lose heart mate, after a lot of reading those that do send watches back some have waited months so there is still hope yet. some say that its best try and work out with TD a part refund and get watch serviced in your home country but your horse has already bolted so cant go that route. There are plenty of TD's and all offer slightly different types of customer service but the hobby we chose is a rep one so time and patience is needed I guess and dealing with such time gaps, postage in different countries and the shipping is all going to play a a factor in this game.

what I am trying to say is dont lose hope and if it works out dont let it put you off if watches are one of your passions as most of us cant afford the Gens or we wouldnt be here.

chin up fella

good luck

D.

Cheers for that D. I just can't get my head around where it can be for 7 weeks ? And how it takes so long ? As Josh has said , he will cover postage back to UK , and the repair bill , it would be a lot simpler if the watch goes missing for him ???

Cheers for that D. I just can't get my head around where it can be for 7 weeks ? And how it takes so long ? As Josh has said , he will cover postage back to UK , and the repair bill , it would be a lot simpler if the watch goes missing for him ???

yeah I suppose so mate, but i read a forum member gave up hope over a month and half then out of the blue it turns up then he waits another 3 weeks getting it returned so by all account sending back can be a lengthy process. but as others have said proper pain in the ass it was DOA in the first place. sending back is fine I believe until it hits their PO service and it can just sit there for an age sometimes until they warrant there are enough packages to help in the forward journey of your parcel and all in one go.

fingers crossed its not a loss fella

D.

Hi, posting to China is inefficient and expensive. Posting to EU often is inefficient to. So, this is no wonder

Samples:

Tracked shipping with Us priority mail from US to EU: took 6 weeks

Standard EMS package from China (not watches): 4-6 weeks

UK to southern EU Royal Mail: 10 years ago: 4 days, in 2014: 12-16 days

DHL from Singapore to southern EU: 2-4 days

Hongkong Post to southern EU: 5-7 days

from EU back to Hong-kong: 4-6 weeks

This has all to do with logistics and how subcontracted shippers work today on partial routes;

Don´t loose hope, maybe meanwhile get something nice to cheer You up, sincerely it´s the best way to get Your mind of that package;

and change the TD, try one of the individuals like Supermirrors, Torobravos instead of the big guys

• Like 1

I've waited since the 2nd for a m2m watch from Germany and it's still not left Germany according to DHL tracking. This timescale is taking the p155 let alone the timescales sending to china. I agree that the reps we buy are bloody expensive and shouldn't be pot luck. If they cost £20 you could expect it but not at £300, they should work at least

I had to send my very first rep back to Josh a couple of years back - tool about 7 weeks round trip, but he did keep me in the loop (after a few emails) and did sort the issue out. I've had 2 more from him since then and they have been good quality items.

Hope he comes through in the end for you, Mark.