When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2011 Explorer II Bezel Question

Journeyman

Hi All,

I bought a 2011 Explorer II from Trusty a couple of months ago and despite the incorrect hand stack, I really like the watch so was a bit p'ed off when I noticed that the paint on the 4 of the 24 was chipped.

Does anyone know whether the bezel is replaceable and if so where can I source one from, I may even consider a gen bezel if the BP version can take one and I can find one, any advice greatly received.

Thanks

There is a mod for this I think, quite easy one too.......buggered if I remember where it is though, I'll have a look for you  ;) Bezel should be replaceable not sure if it's Gen construction though, and i agree I love mine too, just waiting for a well priced Gen to come up  :inverted:

There is a mod for this I think, quite easy one too.......buggered if I remember where it is though, I'll have a look for you  ;) Bezel should be replaceable not sure if it's Gen construction though, and i agree I love mine too, just waiting for a well priced Gen to come up  :inverted:

Thanks sgtguk.

Why can you not just touch up the paint? The numbers are deeply recessed.

I've tried with an oiler and semi-matt enamel but the finish isn't what I'm looking for, so either the oiler tip is too broad or my skill level isnt up to it.

• 2 months later...

Here's a link to Rocco refinishing a Exp II bezel..  He is the master and is Rolex certified:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?243051-Refinishing-a-Rolex-Explorer-II-bezel-a-pictorial

If I had to guess, he is using Humbrol black enamel hobby paint:

http://www.hornbyamerica.com/products/21-black--2

BTW, this is my 1000th post.  Where's my T-shirt?