When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need a little with stem removal from a Zenith Daytona.

I am fitting new pushers to my zenith Daytona and I would for someone to chime in and help with stem removal y reinstall. I ALWAYS manage to FUBAR my watches and end up having to send them to VAC. In order to same me some time can someone just give me simple install help.

:clap2:

1. Remove caseback

2. Pull out stem to wind position

3. Slightly press in stem release button.

4. Remove stem by rotating and pulling out.

Reinstall.

1. Do I have to press in the stem release button again? I always do

2. Insert stem, until I here a click.

3, Release stem release button.

4. Pull out crown to set time and date.

5. Start watch.

What am I doing wrong.

Cheers.

Unless it is a special movement, I always pull the stem out to the time setting position before removing the stem. This locks the sliding pinion in place and is less likely to wander (although there is no guarantee). I will sometimes press the button again if the stem isn't going in easily. I also give it a gentle wiggle when reinserting to make sure the square part of the stem is going into the square cutout in the sliding pinion. Good luck!!!

Well Im obviously doing something wrong. I just tried it out again on my BK yachtmaster and the stem doesn't stay in anymore.  Another one bites the dust. And no there's no good watch smiths in my area. I live 8000kms away from a first world country. 

Edited by jmicro

If the stem does not lock in, either you did not insert it all the way in before locking it or you bent/misaligned a component in the keyless works. If you are comfortable decasing the movement and removing the hands/dial, you should easily be able to see what the problem is. If not, post a good, clear macro of the area & someone should be able to guide you. If in doubt, you should wait until you find a good watchmaker to handle this.