When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black Bay, Is there a version with these 2 giveaways fixed...?

GWP123

The Black Bay is a beautiful watch, gen and rep. That said, what stinks is that the Pearl is a giveaway, and so is the dial. Raised type and texture missing on the rep dial. I wish they fixed these two things and I would buy buy buy. Does anyone know if these have been updated on the newest version? 

The pearl is now corrected but there seems to be a problem with the lume on the hands not being the same as the hour markers. Or so people are saying.I have a  v1 though i ordered a v2 or so it looks like by the pearl on mine. I will say it is a nice looking watch but not as good on the wrist as it looks in the pics. I may sell mine soon or swap for a noob v3 sub.

Been debating purchasing one of these but probably hold out for the blue. Seen a couple relumed by cwazy1 and they look great. Does add $90 to cost but appears to be worth it.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

Wearing the V1 all the time, hands and dots have a nice creamy white look, lume-colour is strong and uniform and it fits very well all kinds of situations. V2 may have an improved pearl but the miss-match on the hands is awful at day and worse at night. The blue V2 looks fine and uniform in this regard with the fixed pearl issue if there was one. Can´t make it out with the naked eye anyway and its perfectly centered unlike 100´s of Rolexes -now that You can make out immediately.

V1 pearl and glass

1024_2389.jpg

Tudor2MECHIMG_2365cr.jpg

and from an arms length distance

tbb3701cr.jpg

The only let down on my V1 was the glass, it didn't distort light through the edge like the gen did which is an immediate tell (and disregarding the "tell"ness I like the look of the gen glass). There's also the loose bezel but is easily fixed.

GWP I've never held a gen so never compared the writing on the dial?

You'd have to inspect the rep and the gen pretty damn closely to see that difference though? If someone was that interested, well, I'm not bothered if anyone knows it's a rep so I'd let them examine it, and likely be chuckling as they try to see what it is which would probably give it away :)

It is certainly not something that would ever bother me and tend to make me not like the watch?

Although I know there's lots of people who enjoy the hobby of getting as close to gen as possible - I'm completely ignoring that side of it as I can't afford to start doing that, I know there's no end to it :)