When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Secondary (alarm) stem removal, Citizen E210 caliber?

sneed12

A friend of mine asked me to look at his watch; he sent it into Citizen a few years ago for warranty work and it came back with the internal bezel slightly misaligned.

IMG_1103_zps8abcfd0a.jpg

It doesn't look as though the bezel/crystal assembly comes off from the front, Rolex-style. It looks like the crystal is a press-in and I need to access it from the back. I can get the regular stem out no problem (there's a hole with "PUSH" engraved next to it) but I can't seem to find a release for the secondary (alarm) stem. Anyone know where the release is? I don't want to start unscrewing anything else until I know what I'm doing.

IMG_1111_zps2c164c8e.jpg

IMG_1110_zps5aff7797.jpg

(In both photos, the primary stem release is a hole near the leftmost brass screw, almost overlapping. The black round thing on the right, near the "S" of "JEWELS" is not a hole or button and does not appear to be the release.)

Hi Sneed, yesterday I tryed to dig into the web for good 45 mins and didn't manage to find anything tech about it (just a bunch of user manuals). Looks like a quite rare movement...

Are you sure the black spot next to the alarm stem isn't the good one?

No, there's no way to pull it out without digging into it and I don't want to damage it. It also may not be a plug, just a black plastic piece under the hole for whatever reason. I think the next step is to unscrew those brass screws around the outside part and take the plate off and see what I see.

Yes, I would say thats definitely the least risky way to investigate.

There doesn't seem to be any jewels in that piece, so hopefully nothing will "ping" and go flying when you remove it!