When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mal Zeitgeist?

Febus

I read this comment posted by another member with some small level of discomfort.

"However I would like to second that people should post honest reviews even if they are negative... I know it may be hard to do for any number of reasons, but it's a disservice to the community if only the postives are posted and honestly, if the dealer is doing bad things, there should be no reason to fear offending them, as why would you want to do future business with a bad business person?"

Can it be true that this is a problem here?

When I started to think about it I often see negative posters jumped on (often for good reason as in the recent attack on Ken) and started to wonder if I had a bad experience and posted it would I be the object of vilification?

Do we in fact have a conspiricy of silence here?

Have to admit I've had some minor problems with dealers that I felt were outside the realms of discussion here (ie minor problems that I'd be bitching about considering the nature of the business we are involved in)

So-

Total honesty or a modicum of discretion?

I think we owe it to each other to post the good and the bad. However, I think that if someone is considering the idea of making a negative post, that they first try and seek resolution off of the forum via private communication. Only once all attempts at fixing the problem are exahuasted should one post a negative post, and should also mention the attempts made to fix the problem. That seems only fair to me.

We all had small or bigger problems with dealers.. Bitching about them in public won't resolve them for sure..

Try to use all the alternatives IN PRIVATE and then if there is no 'tomorrow' post your bad experience in public without expecting anything in return.