When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Broken AP 15400 out of the box - ToroBravo

Guest REPPIN

Guest REPPIN

So I just got my new 15400 from Toro and out of the freaking box the rotor was scraping on the case and now its come completley off the pivot point and is just loose in the case. 

The movement is the new Miyota version here: http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_49&product_id=958

Ive tried to email him twice now within the last week with no response and its starting to iritate me. Does anyone else have problems with hearing back from him? 

I know that reps will never be perfect, but I really want to send it back and get it fixed/replaced, I cant have this watch broken when the thing just cost me $463.00 in total. 

Thanks and any help would be appreciated. 

I got mine from another TD, but it arrived with the same problem: The rotor weight  got loose, but I could fix it myself. 

I unscrewed the 3 tiny screws  (be careful not to lose them) pressed the rotor weight back on, then reattached the rotor assembly.

Good luck!

Roger

Guest REPPIN

I pretty much just opened the case and tried to push it back on....so when you took the 3 screws out did you take the whole assembly off, then push it together? Thanks and let me know! 

Yes, I took the 3 screws off, removed the assembly that was held by the 3 screws. Placed it on the table then pressed the rotor weight back on.

That's how it worked for me, maybe others have a more professional solution.

Guest REPPIN

OMG, So I got the rotor weight back on, but now the balance wheel is stopped and the watch will not run....its just stopped. Ive tried manually winding it, nothing. 

I REALLY expected more for this kind of money, I know its a rep, but come on...I think ill stay away from the MIYOTA'S and stick to ETA's. 

Thanks, 

I think ill stay away from the MIYOTA'S and stick to ETA's. 

Miyota are ok, more than ok actually and for sure better than old refurbished ETAs.

The problem may have been caused at 1st instance from the rotor replacement with the engraved one done by the fabric. and in 2nd instance by your not experienced intervention.

I destroyed my very first "el cheapo" rep doing the same: just pushed too much to "fit" the rotor plate and lost 2 jewels, with the result to kill it...

In my view it's better just to bring that one to a rep friendly watchsmith: Miyota (which is a Citizen brand, Japan) are diffused and spare parts are not difficult to get.

Guest REPPIN

. and in 2nd instance by your not experienced intervention.

LOL if you're going to try to insult me and tell me in a round-a-bout way that I don't know how to work on watches or that I'm inexperienced, then at least learn some grammar or at the bare minimum how to piece together a real sentence.

Thanks. TORO has contacted me and I'm just waiting for his return address.

LOL if you're going to try to insult me and tell me in a round-a-bout way that I don't know how to work on watches or that I'm inexperienced, then at least learn some grammar or at the bare minimum how to piece together a real sentence.

No way I want to insult you. I simply don't know if you have ANY experience on watches movements. That's it.

And, about grammar, if you want we may tray move to italian, my native language, as I'm sure you'll be able to show to all of us your grammar ability in a language which isn't your native one...

Guest REPPIN

No way I want to insult you. I simply don't know if you have ANY experience on watches movements. That's it.

And, about grammar, if you want we may tray move to italian, my native language, as I'm sure you'll be able to show to all of us your grammar ability in a language which isn't your native one..

You're right man, I was just havin a bad day! 

Thanks for the help and hopefully Toro will send me his return address soon so I can get this stuff back to him.