When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1st timer, needing advice on Explorer I

louie_figo

Hi all,

First post here on RWG here and just wanted some advice in looking for a good quality, decently priced Explorer I 14270 or 114270 rep. I have been growing around RWG trying to find a trusty seller who stocks these two models but given the current circumstances with some seller's sites being inaccessible, the only place that I have gotten some luck is Trust Time. 

Unfortunately, I can't post any links because I am still new to this group. But if I believe on Trusty Time it is listed as ROLEXP1004 - Explorer I Swiss Eta 2836-2

I guess two questions that I would like to ask is,

1. Would this particular rep on Trusty Time the best around? Or is there something better out there?

2. Asian ETA movement vs. Swiss ETA movement for this rep. I have read from another post here that Asian movement is the usual preference but I have also read that given this is a quite simple watch either ETA will suffice. I know there's a price difference, but should I go for Asian or Swiss? 

Thank you so much for helping me. I am total n00b and don't really know much about watches.

Louis

Avoid the 2836 14270 and 114270. Buy the 2824 version. The crown height is correct in the 2824 version.

Puretime has the super rep version with the solid endlink.

• Like 1

Avoid the 2836 14270 and 114270. Buy the 2824 version. The crown height is correct in the 2824 version.

Puretime has the super rep version with the solid endlink.

Hi DVNE,

Thanks for that! I've been trying to get to the Puretime website but I have had literally no luck with their URL. :(

Louis