When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tips For Getting Tools

Devedander

Despite having lots of jewlers around me who work on watches, there is very little in the way of ways to get the odds and ends to work with watches (well I do live reasonably near ofrei but that aside) so I was wondering many of you out there have work benches... I am sure you must have found useful tools (either for watch work or just happen to work for watches) around in places you might not think to look... any ideas for everyone else?

I wanted some small ziplocs for holding assorted parts (links/pins etc) and so headed over to my local headshop (smokeshop) where I got 100 1.5"x1.5" baggies for under $4 (they sell in lots of 100).

Also for assorted small parts tools, one of my hobbies is RC cars and so I have been in and out of lots of RC shops, they have many tools and gadgets for working on small/delicate items. Not always the cheapest but you can find interesting things at RC car shops that might be valuable working with watches from good small screwdrivers and vices to glues and tapes.