When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Questions On Regulating A 7750

fredrik m

Is that just 'on the wrist' or is that with the watch taken off at night?

How do you place the watch at night, the rate will change depending on dial up, crown up etc. Also and depending on where you are I suppose, the overnight temp will have a small affect. The nights here are getting colder and the watch may speed up a little.

You did not say if it's an Asian 7750 or an ETA...

In any event, 15-20 seconds per day is very good for most movements, even the ETA 2836 tech specs is around +- 15 seconds per day...

There are too many variables when wearing the watch, storing it, etc, that affect timekeeping, unless you have a timer to verify the adjustments, you will drive yourself crazy trying to get it more accurate.

RG

20 seconds for an Asian is fine...

If it's new, it should settle down in a month or so and you'll get a good indication of how it's running.

Unlike most models, this one does NOT have a fine regulator, making adjusting without a timing machine risky and time consuming...risky cause you have to move the actual regulator arm, and time consuming without a timing machine to see what your adjustment does...

RG

Yep, regulating my 7750 Navi was very frustrating. As Zig says there is no fine adjustment, and moving the adjustment arm the slightest bit will easily adjust the time 10 seconds a day. If you're out by 30 secs its easy to improve. Getting inside 10 is very tricky.

How should I place the watch at night to get it to slow down?

Maybe in that way I could get it to lose the extra secs.

Dial up / down should give the greatest amplitude and the 'slowest' position. The vertical positions (IE: crown up/down) will drop the amplitude by differing amounts speeding up the watch.

A well regulated watch will have minimum variation between these positions. By moving the arm indicated above you are changing the average daily rate and as The Zigmeister says without a machine it's a frustrating exercise but possible if somewhat hit or miss...