When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Damn me!

GenTLe

I practically ALWAYS ask the dealer if a specific watch is available before pulling the trigger.

Once only I didn't because it's a recent model and because I added it last second while I was also taking something else (that I got confirmation were in stock).

Result?

Out of stock.

:wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash: 

This one, fyi:

IMG_1050-300x300.JPG

Now, what to do? Wait for stock or searching something else? I'd prefer to wait for a restock 'cause there are not many watches attracting me these days...

I could eventually go for a Pam Bronzo (but still I didn't get if it's better the KW or Z-Factory one), or a PP Nautilus (again not clear if it's better to go for Miyota or Sellita version, and moreover I'm searching for a gold one), or even change totally my lookout and take a BR 03 Type Aviation (but I've to add good amount of other money there)...

As wrote: damn me!

Edited by GenTLe

All part of the game, relax.

why don't you ask for a partial refund while waiting? That way, you can always source this from another dealer. Or take your time to find a replacement watch.

Its no big deal, really. But don't settle for second best just because you already paid.You likely won't be happy with whatever replacement watch you find. 

Let's see :)

I've asked the TD if he has some prevision about the time it'll be again in stock (the factory is in shortage of the case), telling him that it's not a problem to wait for 1 month or so.

The important thing is that in the meantime he sends me the QC pics of the other 2 pieces and put them on a side with my name on top of them (so that when this will be available again, there will not be the situation where the other 2 are OOS too :D ).

well yes, if the waiting time is about a few days or 1 week, I would wait. 

By the way, lovely choice for the RG RO. :)

Honestly with the way the RO reps are built, I personally would not buy the gen if I just want a beautiful looking dress watch. :)

Hi Gen, personally could not be waiting for 3 of them. While getting 3 sent to the EU is just at the limit but within, it´s already a risk, 2 is better and safer.

KW Bronzo only for me. Lots of members say the ZF is great but just one modder repaired over 22 of them - than they where great.

PP Nautilus me personally would take the decision on price only because both have + and -.

The other option would wait 1 month and meanwhile choose another cheaper one (the 4th) to get along with it in a months time:)

Actually I gave him 3 possibilities (considering that the BR 03 TA was on my wish list too, and that the Toro version has the correct gen-like lume, while PT one has a wrong green one):

About the Rose Gold AP, I see 3 possibility:
1) Refund of 458*0.9(WU discount)=412.2$ as "gift" on my paypal account thegentle@libero.it
2) You put the Hublot and the Blancpain in a safe place with my name/order nr. on them. If within one month the Lord factory don't have a new batch of the AP, then I'll go for another watch or ask for refund. If the AP will then be available, so will go for it.
3) is this B&R BR03 Type Aviation (link below) in stock and provided with box, secondary nylon strap and documents as like from the other TDs?
http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=24_47&product_id=975

I think it should be a fair offer.

The Bronzo is great but I'm scared it will be too big for my 7.6 inch wrist (for what I see the 42<->44 mm ones are the best on it)... The Patek is very nice too, but it still not catching my heart...

Thanks for the suggestions :)