When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

13 IS the UNLUCKIEST Number!

pcardoza

Received my 13th rep this morning in the mail.   2014 GMT Master II Pepsi with 2836 movement.   After reading how this is the movement of choice, it's the first time I didn't check off the Swiss ETA option when it was available to me.

Watch looked gorgeous, as the QC photos showed.   Resized it, wound it, set it and put it on.    Sometime less than an hour later, I noticed it wasn't working.   The minute hand was in the same position as the GMT hand.

Took it off and tried to set it again, but the two hands were locked together.    From that point on nothing would work.   I gave the watch a bit of a shake and both hands, locked together jumped a quarter turn on the dial.   It's pretty clear that something is amiss in the movement, as well as in the hand assembly.   Something probably broke when I moved the hands which were locked together.

I quickly contacted the TD and told him of the problem.   Sent him a photo of the hands locked together as well.   

He offered a small refund if I could have a local watchmaker look at it, but I don't know of anyone around here to do it.   In any case, it's clearly more than just the hand installation and it now has bigger problems.   I know the recommendation is to NOT return the watch to China, but mine is on the way back anyway!   I'm betting when they see what a mess it is, they will simply send me a new one.   I hope I'm right!

My first movement issue, so while I'm disappointed, I'm not going to agonize over it.   Hopefully, the TD will take into account the amount I've spent with him this past year and deal with the problem accordingly..........

post-62145-0-13384500-1407172436_thumb.j

That's not a movement issue, looks like with the GMT hand is slightly bent upwards or the minute hand is slightly bent downwards. This has caused them to get intertwined, easy 5 minute fix. I wouldn't send this back to the dealer to get it fixed. Any place that can open the caseback can fix this with out breaking a sweat. Biggest thing that I would reccomend for you to do is the back the movement so it doesn't continue to advance the minute hand and cause any strain on the hands or minute wheel.