When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

gen advice - which GMT/Dual time/Timezone/etc..?

kramerica2

Budget: ~ 9K$

Brand: Preferably JLC. Will consider anything but Rolex, with the condition that the movement is either in-house or at least heavily modified and decorated.

Design: ~42mm round case, clear caseback, classic (but not plain and old), steel with leather strap.

As an example, the JLC Master Geographic would be perfect (and I wouldn't even post here) if it had been larger than 39mm:

794524d1345249396-jlc-master-geographic-

I love that classy, yet almost gadgety look. And it looks like a great implementation of the second time zone concept. 

Any ideas?

Personally, I would look at the UN Dual time The first one is the newer model, 42mm .

Second is  the older Dual time GMT +/- San Marcos. I owned this one, sold it several years ago, and regretted it ever since

post-327-0-59247000-1407262874_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-47886000-1407263105_thumb.jpg

Nice, Panerai153.

One of the advantages for Omega PO is that you will have the possibilities to display three timezones at the same time. One with the GMT hand and one with the rotating beazle. If you are working together with colleagues in different timezones that is a great advantage! (Or just for fun). I am having that need in my daily work and can see the pleasure of having the time at the wrist instead of several clocks at the desktop!

Any way the GMT is a nice feature and it gives the watch a nice look!

8-)