When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Stem Removal On S.epson Vx12e?

thewightstuff

• 11 months later...

Don't know this one at all.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you may need to screw the crown off the stem, and pull the movement out with the stem still attached.

Alternatively, pull the crown to the handset pos, whilst carefully watching the back of the movement; if you see something move, your release will be there, or close by.

Will go for a little hunt, and see what I turn up.

Offshore

Well back, with maybe an answer.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/78440/messa...26gt%3B%26gt%3B

Seems like I may have been on the right track. When you pull out the crown, a setting lever "pops out"

Hope this helps.

Don't know this one at all.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you may need to screw the crown off the stem, and pull the movement out with the stem still attached.

Alternatively, pull the crown to the handset pos, whilst carefully watching the back of the movement; if you see something move, your release will be there, or close by.

Will go for a little hunt, and see what I turn up.

Offshore

Well back, with maybe an answer.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/78440/messa...26gt%3B%26gt%3B

Seems like I may have been on the right track. When you pull out the crown, a setting lever "pops out"

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot Offshore. It worked! I really appreciate your search!... due to my lack of technical knowledge I couldn't have done it without you! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks a lot Offshore. It worked! I really appreciate your search!... due to my lack of technical knowledge I couldn't have done it without you! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

And here is the amazing coincidence.

I opened a watch today, and voila, it had a VX12E in it! ( It was a Pulsar- "same stable")

So I was an instant "expert", ( although I had copied the spec sheets into my archives)

So time spent yesterday, was time repaid today... in spades.

And the next watch after a couple, had a Seiko version VX32E, so I gained a few more minutes, 'cos I knew where to look!

Just a wonderful tool the net! ( Not to mention some great cross reference charts I have)

Offshore

And here is the amazing coincidence.

I opened a watch today, and voila, it had a VX12E in it! ( It was a Pulsar- "same stable")

So I was an instant "expert", ( although I had copied the spec sheets into my archives)

So time spent yesterday, was time repaid today... in spades.

And the next watch after a couple, had a Seiko version VX32E, so I gained a few more minutes, 'cos I knew where to look!

Just a wonderful tool the net! ( Not to mention some great cross reference charts I have)

Offshore

Great story! So you see, when you help out people you'll get rewarded in the end. This is the proof. B)

Edited by Rolexman

• 1 year later...

OK, Sit down and look at the movement from the back. If the stem is at 3, just above and to the left, you will see a lever.

Now pull the stem to the 1st position (date set) The lever will move, and you will see, on the end, a small recessed dimple.

Now press firmly on that dimple, and the stem will release.

Hope that works.

Offshore