When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this Normal?- AP ROO

Hi Guys,

I have a quite interesting question- Is it normal that there is an extensive gap between the dial and the centre of the hour and minute indicators? I know that there has to be SOME gap, but this looks huge! Check it out, maybe kindly check out your own AP ROOs (that are not franken), let me know if this is normal:

Thanks for your help!!

post-49566-0-72881500-1407339854_thumb.j

post-49566-0-62846200-1407339918_thumb.j

The rep AP ROO uses a modified version of the movement termed the A7750 sec@12, which utilises 3 transfer gear to shift the running seconds to the 12 o'clock position.

All versions of the AP ROO reps use this movement, though some hand designs vary (e.g. survivor, RB2, the 44mms, GPs etc)

So yes, canon pinion height is the same in all versions of the Chronopassion, or more accurately put, in all versions of the 42mm ROOs at least.

The differences in the various versions of the CP (v1-5?) are subtle in my opinion. But movement wise they would be almost identical though the ones from late 2012 use a slightly improved sec@12 movement.