When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tube/Crown Size on Datejust 16234...

daveb33

Hey people. So, after my package being held in customs, I finally have my hands on my gen 16234 case with white gold fluted bezel and sapphire crystal for my franken datejust project.

However, this case came with a tube but no crown. I already had a gen 6mm tube and crown and thought that the crown would simply fit the tube on the new case - nope, the crown I have is bigger.

Upon further searches, I have found some information saying that when the datejust changed to sapphire crystals, the tube was 5.3mm with a 6mm crown?

Anyone familiar with this?

If this is the case, could i not just get a gen 5.3mm crown to fit the tube currently installed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Dave

24-603-0 is the proper crown for that model. IIRC they switched to a 5.3mm tube at some point with the DJs. Sounds like that's what you have, so you'll need to find the proper crown to fit. You probably have the 24-600 crown which is why it's not working.

Here's more info if you need it:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/71617-gen-crown-not-fitting-in-gen-tube/

Edited by tomhorn

24-603-0 is the proper crown for that model. IIRC they switched to a 5.3mm tube at some point with the DJs. Sounds like that's what you have, so you'll need to find the proper crown to fit.

Here's more info if you need it:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/71617-gen-crown-not-fitting-in-gen-tube/

Thank you Tomhorn, I really appreciate you taking the time out to help.  I will find a crown a get to work with some progress pics.