When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Has anyone had a package at Canada Customs

thomasng

Has anyone here ever had a package held at Canada Customs for 10 days? I have a order coming in from River, which I ordered the 17th, shipped on the 17th, and arrived at Pearson Int'l airport at the morning of the 19th. However, the package has been stuck there for 10 days, and there is no movement. I see this as a bad sign, since every other package I recieved zoomed through in a day.

The funny thing is, I'm only like 15 km from the airport, my house is just right below the flight path!

If the outbound 401 was any indication early this afternoon, I think with the good weather that they're all off doing anything but work. I have had most of my packages take at least a week in customs. If it's warm and the sun is shining on a Friday, I get no mail. Mondays too sometimes.

thats canada, eh?

back to topic, thomasng any1 you can ring to enquire about the status? perhaps ring the number from the tracking web site.

If your avatar indicates you are a Chelsea fan, then that would explain it... :thumbdown: money doesn't buy class - bring back the AP! :Jumpy:

But seriously, doesn't sound good... what did you order?

Good luck getting it through ....

If your avatar indicates you are a Chelsea fan, then that would explain it... :thumbdown: money doesn't buy class - bring back the AP! :Jumpy:

But seriously, doesn't sound good... what did you order?

Good luck getting it through ....

I ordered a Rolex Daytona and a Patek Philippe Nautilus. Having the Rolex in there is what is worrying me the most.

And shush about my avatar........ <_<

I ordered a Rolex Daytona and a Patek Philippe Nautilus. Having the Rolex in there is what is worrying me the most.

Yes I ordered one of the cheapie R*l*x from silix-watch but it's in with a PAM111 so I hope that gets through to the UK!

Let me know how the Nautilus is, I want one of those. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Watches fit with leather strap that are send to Canada will either be return to sender or held at the custom. Canada are very strict on leather product due to Mad Cow Disease. These info are given by the Canadian custom when my friend have all his Seiko watches returned.

:blink:

That's just ridiculous. I've ordered 10 watches with leather straps in the past three months, and NONE have been held by customs or returned to the sender. Mad Cow affects LIVE cows, not chemically treated leather goods...

Customs does have a 'self clear' process now that I had to use once to get my Plasma TV in from the States. I had to go out to Pearson, answer a bunch of questions on a computer (which kicks out a form you hand in), pay some GST and PST, and then my TV was released. Seems a bit weird for two watches, but you might as well call CBSA and ask. Here's the contact website:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/rco-e.html

As always, it depends who you get, but after ten days it's not going to clear itself.

Hope that helps.

:blink:

That's just ridiculous. I've ordered 10 watches with leather straps in the past three months, and NONE have been held by customs or returned to the sender. Mad Cow affects LIVE cows, not chemically treated leather goods...

Mad-Cow Disease, otherwise known as bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE), are caused by infectious prion molecules that are very hard to destroy by heat or chemicals, and can last years in the soil. Nobody knows if other feed animals such as pigs and chicken can also spread BSE, or whether other products of cattle such as leather can spread BSE. Maybe you can get it from your leather wallet, nobody knows yet.

My advice, don't eat your wallet or your watch strap. :D

Cheers,

CM