When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trying to decide between models

gustus

I'm seeking for my first rep watch and currently drooling pretty badly after Planet Ocean 600 M Omega Co-Axial Chronograph 45.5 mm reps, with orange bezel. (was trying to post a pic but it seems that i'm not allowed until i have 5 posts.

Every chrono i've found this far seems to be with Asian 7750 Chrono Movement, and i've come to understand that it's not that good quality movement. So, is it woth it, or should i go with something that has Eta 2824-2 movement?

Also, newcomer posting for first time, go easy on me. And sorry for bad english.

The A7750 is the movement used most everywhere in the rep world.  You'll have a difficult time finding anything else.   Suggestion would be to have it serviced upon receipt, especially if you will be using the chrono functions frequently.   

I have a half dozen reps with the movement and none have given me any problems so far.   They all keep great time.   I RARELY use the chrono features though.

7750 is fine. Providing you know how to treat it or get it serviced.

Also a lot depends which factory is building the model. Some use better (cleaner, better quality) movements then others.

Anyway all chrono are done with it, like practically all watches with little seconds @9 (see Panerai).