When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Planet Ocean observations

G0rdy

I'm waiting on delivery of Noob CrPO from Toro and decided to visit the AD today as I'm having difficulty waiting (as usual). What I noticed, though the photo isn't good enough to show, is that the '12' numerals are slightly misaligned and the Omega logo is ever so slightly skewed. Which just goes to show that even the gens have inconsistencies. Maybe we have become too obsessed with our macro QC pics and reject too easily!

dbdd14076a180735f2b81d410ad164e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think any mass produced watch suffers from this to a certain degree. I remember having to take apart my gen Seamaster divers extension and correct the tension of the "V" split as the damn thing kept popping open every time I put the watch on (found out how to do this on the Omega forums as other gen owners had the same QC issue).

Inline with your observation, the owner of a genuine watch has no reason (generally) to scrutinize his piece for inconsistencies with other genuine examples, while the rep owner is beleaguered by the prospect that his copy may have even the slightest of tells.

Good eye and thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Ajax

• 1 month later...