When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bell&Ross... BR01-92... But which one?

robpatte

Okay folks, I'm in the market for one of these bad boys. Had a bit of misfortune with a M2M sale recently, but I loved the look and the size on my wrist. So I'm gonna go straight to a replica dealer. I've heard lots of good things about PureTime, PerfectClone and Kuvarsit. All are more or less the same price, although some offer water resistance, some offer a Swiss movement, some a leather strap, some rubber etc.

TOO MANY CHOICES!!!

What's the verdict on these replicas? I'm interested in any experiences, good or bad. Which replicas are closest to gen, and any I should stay clear of? What should I look for if I do go down the M2M sale route again?

Thanks

R

The only really gen-like BR is the BR 03-88 that has Toro.

1) it comes with the box and documents and 2nd strap and tools to remove the strap

2) it has the real gen movement (an ETA analog-quartz)

3) it has the correct lume color (which is aqua, not green)

Only 1 flaw: the 4 little screws on the dial that on the gen are black and on this are SS. But they can be fixed easily.

Only 1 problem: damn expensive...

Back to topic: all dealers get the watches from the same factories, so not really a difference... Choose your dealer and ask him to source the watch.

For a watch like that I'd go with Sead (Supermirrors, no site, working only by mail and/or PM) or with Trevor (Trevor watches).

PS: don't believe in "swiss" movements. That's just marketing, unless very few companies (like Noob) or movements (like Sellita)