When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona Ann. A-7750 dead [noob assist]

Sirlordcomic

Hi folks, noob here. I picked up a handful of watches from a TD and my Daytona is the 3rd watch with a problem.

I was asked to try repair locally: one had loose movement in the back (screws not tight or not installed), bezel came right off a Sea-Dweller DRSD #1665 - Swiss ETA, and now my Daytona Ann. Ice Blue A-7750 has stopped working.

Any thoughts on the Daytona? I'm reading up but so far lost on what to do. It started up this morning, but 30 minutes later nothing at all.

I'm tempted to just mail all three back registered/insured.

Edited by Sirlordcomic

Hi and welcome. Contact the TD and mail him back the Daytona. While I only had 1 problem once and the sending back was a positive experience, many returns  seem to never arrive to destination or the turnaround time is several months. I suppose 3 would not pass Chinese customs, than You have nothing.

The Daytona with running secs at six is a common problem, only the handwound Daytonas with the ST19 movement are reliable and good.

Bezel on the Seadweller is fixable, should be no issue, tightening screws happens to be necessary, normally used to grease the backcase o-ring as well. Best not to use/touch it if one screw came totally loose (pull out the stem until it´s fixed).

Pros who could help depends on Your location (Conus/EU etc.)

Change the TD, go with a smaller one and don´t buy more than 2 at once.  Wish You much better luck next time - from statistics Your next 30 purchases should be fine.

Nightwatch that was your 1000 post--congrats.  

To the OP:  If you plan to stick around here, find yourself a good rep friendly watch smith--they are like gold in this hobby.  I personally would not send back to China, just heard to many horror stories. Generally if I buy an OTB rep from a TD/Dealer, I assume I will need to have something fixed or tweaked, that way I am not disappointed when I have to send it off to get repaired.  Although my last order both pieces arrived in excellent condition and running great but that has not been the norm.  

• 2 weeks later...

Nightwatch that was your 1000 post--congrats.  

To the OP:  If you plan to stick around here, find yourself a good rep friendly watch smith--they are like gold in this hobby.  I personally would not send back to China, just heard to many horror stories. Generally if I buy an OTB rep from a TD/Dealer, I assume I will need to have something fixed or tweaked, that way I am not disappointed when I have to send it off to get repaired.  Although my last order both pieces arrived in excellent condition and running great but that has not been the norm.

Thanks I ordered from a TD here, and just bad luck I guess.

I mailed the Rollie back, and had the DRSD fixed locally.

Still need to find right watchsmith to fix the loose dress plates on the PAM though...there is one guy I am looking for but he wasn't in shop last time. Maybe he could have worked on the 7750. Oh well.

It's very hard to find a watchsmith who will work on the A7750 movements, and less likely to find one that will fool with the "time bomb" models, I.e  the sec@ 6 and sec@ 12 variations. Parts are not readily available and the movements can be unreliable. Getting the movement tightened up is not a problem, nor is the bezel problem. Best deal if you can't find someone local is to contact the folks who advertise repair and modding services here and the other rep forums.