When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gaskets for 40mm rlx sub case...

blackoyster

Hi,i want to Buy a gasket for a rlx case caseback...

Dont laugh,but i have lost it...When i mess i have a diametral of 33-33,5mm but what is the diameter of the gasket 0,8 ??? If a take mess i am not sure if 33/33,5 mm and the diameter ??? 0,8 or 1,0mm???

Did someone know the generally Size?????

Here a pic 0d72621dcfbbd2f5ba5228f79bdc5d18.jpg

Send from comandantes

There are no standard gasket sizes in replica cases. You need a gasket that fits into the groove without stretching or compressing it to get it in the groove and be small enough in diameter to seal without holding the case back away from the case when screwed down.

It is not hard to find the size needed...

1...Measure the id of the gasket groove in the case or case back...these gaskets are sized by the inside diameter and cross section diameter.

2...Start with a  new round section gasket, piece of a gasket, or gasket made to fit as explained below and insert enough gasket into the groove to see how it fits. Use gaskets of known diameter, .7mm, .8mm. .9mm etc.

3...For a rough measurement, the gasket should stand above the groove about one fourth (or a little less) of the diameter of the gasket depending on how wide the groove is compared to the cross section diameter of the gasket. The wider the groove is compared to the cross section of the gasket, the more room there is for the gasket to compress in the groove. This is why you often see round section gaskets that become flat section gaskets after a few years in a case.

4...If you have a gasket that seems to be the right size in cross section diameter but is too long or short to fit into the groove, you will need to cut the gasket in two if too short or cut enough out to allow it to fit fully into the groove if it is too big in diameter for a trial fit. 

5...After you have found a gasket (or a piece of gasket) that you believe to be the correct size, lightly lubricate it with silicone etc, install it into the groove, and screw the case back down slowly while looking at the space between the case and case back closely to make sure the case back does not bottom out before compressing the gasket a little bit.

6...After you have determined what size gasket you need...order at least three of them if you plan to keep the watch.

7...To simplify all the BS above, it's like I said at the beginning...what you want is a gasket that compresses enough to seal and does not hold the case back away from the case.

...and does not leak.   :snorkel: