When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello hello!

MusicalG

Hello all! I just discovered your forum, and can see already that there is much to learn.

I actually have had a love of watches for quite a long time, but primarily from an aesthetic and functional standpoint, knowing little of different movements or types of watches. The genuine scene seemed to be outside of my resource availability, and the replica scene seemed to also be out of my range and I didn't pay much attention to it. However I was buying a couple inexpensive watches, and one arrived in the mail and turned out to be a replica Tag Heuer Grand Carerra Calibre 17 RS2, which I was definitely not anticipating. This in turn led me to turn my attention back to the replica scene, and WOW talk about jumping into the deep end. 

There is so much to learn, and to appreciate of some members time and efforts.

Hello! I'm sure once I digest enough base information I will be here for quite some time.

Cheers from Canada!

Hey mate welcome to RWG :D

Hope you will enjoy your stay here!"

And join in on the fun with us

You might wanna read this before you start if you havent already ;)

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/171237-what-are-the-rep-collecting-10-commandments/

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/85981-hey-noobor-not-so-noobread-this-now/

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/24786-read-our-forum-rules/

Before you know it you Got the rep bug and some great fellow minded guys ready to help out here

Best regards Simon (Ezio )

Why thank you Ezio! I have been reading through the introduction threads, and will keep on doing so.

With that said, where can I get a decent Submariner? :lol::p

I'm going to keep reading up on movements to educate myself, as well I want to learn more about QC pics.

Hello all! I just discovered your forum, and can see already that there is much to learn.

I actually have had a love of watches for quite a long time, but primarily from an aesthetic and functional standpoint, knowing little of different movements or types of watches. The genuine scene seemed to be outside of my resource availability, and the replica scene seemed to also be out of my range and I didn't pay much attention to it. However I was buying a couple inexpensive watches, and one arrived in the mail and turned out to be a replica Tag Heuer Grand Carerra Calibre 17 RS2, which I was definitely not anticipating. This in turn led me to turn my attention back to the replica scene, and WOW talk about jumping into the deep end. 

There is so much to learn, and to appreciate of some members time and efforts.

Hello! I'm sure once I digest enough base information I will be here for quite some time.

Cheers from Canada!

Welcome to RWG and I hope you enjoy your stay here. 

Just curious, could you share details of how you ended up with a replica Tag Heuer, which I am assuming you did not order? ;)

Interesting way to start the hobby. 

Hola Legend!

I was surfing on www.aliexpress.com for an inexpensive watch for an upcoming event and saw a listing for a very nice looking watch. It had no description about having Tag logos, or model numbers. Instead it was just a very nice looking automatic watch for $50, so I thought why not see if I'll like it.

A month later it showed up in the mail, and to my surprise it was a very decent replica. Granted it has a mineral crystal, and the detail dials display the date, day of the week, and month, instead of showing seconds and minutes at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions.

The buttons have screw down crowns on them, and the watch itself has only one visual flaw that I could see, the Tag Heuer logo is slightly tilted at the 12 o'clock position.

So that's my short story, an accident led to a rekindling of passion.