When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 177h Or Pvd 195?

Pam-O-licious

OK, after seeing RobbiG's pic's of his 177H I am uncertain which to buy next??? :mellow: Which one do you like most and why? I am a little concerned about the PVD coating..How durable is it? and who sells the most durable version of it?

Here are a few pic's from Board members.. Hope they don't mind

If you do let em know and I will take them down :victory:

168762-10373.jpg

168762-10374.jpg

168762-10375.jpg

168762-10376.jpg

I have a 177h and I love it, but if I had to choose, I would go with my PVD's. IMHO, Davidsen's PVD's are the best around. I also have a PAM028 PVD from one of our trusted dealers that is really nice, but Davidsen's PVD coating seems more authentic and durable. BTW, Davidsen is working on several titanium PAM's now.

Davidsen PAM004 on Greg Stevens strap:

168770-10370.jpg

Davidsen PAM195 on Greg Stevens strap:

168770-10371.jpg

PAM028 on Toscana Strap:

168770-10372.jpg

Good luck in your choice.

JF

IMHO, Davidsen's PVD's are the best around. I also have a PAM028 PVD from one of our trusted dealers that is really nice, but Davidsen's PVD coating seems more authentic and durable.

Well, Davdsen's PVD is real PVD, while the so-called 'PVD' on usual reps is not.

Even rep 'PVD' is harder to scratch than SS, though.

Real PVD is even harder.

As for accuracy, palpatine's PVD should be the most accurate around, as it is performed by the same company that makes the PVD treatment for the genuine PAMs.

About your 028: it seems as only the bezel is rep 'PVD', while the case real PVD.

Is it just because of the picture?

Well, Davdsen's PVD is real PVD, while the so-called 'PVD' on usual reps is not.

Even rep 'PVD' is harder to scratch than SS, though.

Real PVD is even harder.

As for accuracy, palpatine's PVD should be the most accurate around, as it is performed by the same company that makes the PVD treatment for the genuine PAMs.

About your 028: it seems as only the bezel is rep 'PVD', while the case real PVD.

Is it just because of the picture?

I think it's the picture.

JF

PVD is a tricky thing. Different PAM models use different coatings. Davidsen's look very good but are missing that final sheen (think it is a result of bead blasting). Palp's are beautiful but are too dark for some of the earlier models. Finepics ti-aln coating is probably closest to the gen. If you had to have only one I would choose the 177h. The coating can be damaged. Ever wonder why PAM does not make PVD watches anymore? To many returns for recoating. They moved onto Titanium. I only occasionally wear the PVD's. IMHO, not a daily wearer.