When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone else having "Slow Beat" problems

panerai153

Just wondering as I have had problems with two of my AP's that have undergone the slow beat conversions. One was done by a member here, and finally solved the problem by replacing the unstable slow beat with a Seagull ST 2130, now my second AP diver V5 is running about 15 minutes per 24 hours fast It was converted by Vac, came home and was not running right, sent back  and it's still not right. Has anyone else experienced problems with these slow beat conversions? Very frustrating to send a watch back and forth trying to get problems sorted out. While I realize that sometimes it's not possible to adjust these to COSC specs, at least some semblance of accuracy is required.  

Yes I had a low-beat diver once, from Vac as well, and it was running about 25min fast per day. I got it fixed by Spinmaster locally.

I have researched the problem on converted low beat movements, and I have learnt that yes, they COULD be problematic in terms of timekeeping and/or power reserves.

A good solution? One way is to transplant a Tissot Powermatic 80 movement into the watch. And bingo.. a reliable movement that beats at 21.6k, and with 80hrs of power reserve... ;)

Thanks for the info. I have thought about that option on several occasions, problem is the movements aren't commonly available, and the cheapest donor watches are several hundred dollars. I sure like the watch, but I've already spent a lot on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the issue on two AP Divers - gave up and went with the Powermatic 80. Had two different watchsmiths do the conversion and same issue on both - one was 15 min fast a day and one was 45 minutes fast a day.

Was going to troubleshoot but decided to just do a Powermatic 80 - luckily found a new one for about $300. 

I have been looking on Ebay and all over the internet, All I can find is a new watch with the Powermatic movement, and the cheapest I've found is over 400USD. I'll keep looking. Obviously these movements are closely held and regulated by the Swatch group, supply houses obviously can't get them.

I have been looking on Ebay and all over the internet, All I can find is a new watch with the Powermatic movement, and the cheapest I've found is over 400USD. I'll keep looking. Obviously these movements are closely held and regulated by the Swatch group, supply houses obviously can't get them.

A, if you really like the divers, and plan to keep them, I would still advise you going the powermatic80 route.. beats having the frustration of sending watches back and forth, beats worrying whether the diver would hold up well, and essentially, you get a movement that is, on paper more superior to the OEM diver movement.