When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem with A2836 - anyone has seen similar one?

GenTLe

Hi All,
I recently bought M2M here a Noob sub-C v3.

The watch was nice but unfortunately it has a problem at date wheel system level (and the seller told me he wasn't aware...).
Practically the date doesn't change by itself and only operating with the crown with quick date set it can be moved on.

I unassembled the movement and I got that the problem in the Intermediate date wheel (part nr. 41 in the eta charts).

Using the time setting function to quickly make the time to pass for the movement, I've seen that while the hour wheel moves the engaged Intermediate date wheel, and this last one transfers the movement to the date indicator driving wheel, the intermediate DW gradually lifts/tilts itself (on the side where it engages with the hour wheel) to the point that it loses the engagement with the date indicator driving wheel which, having a spring system, is being counter rotated to the rest position.

I already tried to replace the Intermediate date wheel, the date indicator driving wheel and even the minute train bridge, but the problem is still there...

If, with tweezers, I keep the intermediate DW in position all works normally.

Any advice, please?

Thanks, GenTLe

Here some graphic (don't consider the 2 light blue big arrows which are part of the original graphic and yes, the minute bridge was properly fitted)

post-63910-0-42829000-1416436829_thumb.j

Edited by GenTLe

Rolexman, on 26 Nov 2014 - 08:28 AM, said:

Give the post a small burr on top after the IDW is installed correctly. This will prevent it from creeping up.

Mark.

Hi Mark, can you give me some hints on how should I proceed?

I'm just wondering: if I use a little file I'll not create burr and make the post even shorter; if I hit the top of the post with a punch tool (providing to find one with such tiny edge), there is the risk to make the post "fat" and block the gear, if I put a little drop of 2 component epoxy glue on the top of the post it may work but if it glues the gear I'm fu__ed...

Tnx! Alex

Edited by GenTLe