When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mini Rant - In line with Daniel's "Scammer in our midst"

panerai153

Just can't stand this kind of behaviour either. A long time member made me an offer with a lower price than asked for an item I've listed for sale a few days ago, I agreed, and now no more answer...

V., i think you will recognize who I am talking about...

This is the one thing that really pisses me off!! Guy PM's you with a "Beat down" offer, you figure what the Heck, the watch has been on sale for a while, I'm tired of fooling with it, so it's "Sure, I'll sell it for that price, here is my PayPal. then total Silence,guy totally disappears. If you aren't really interested, please don't play games and waste my time. If you do, one of these days, I may have something that you really want, but guess what, there may not be a time waster list on the forum, but I have one!! Probably a good chance that I won't take a second chance on you.  

This is the one thing that really pisses me off!! Guy PM's you with a "Best down" offer, you figure what the Heck, the watch has been on sale for a while, I'm tired of fooling with it, so it's "Sure, I'll sell it for that price, here is my PayPal. then total Silence,guy totally disappears. If you aren't really interested, please don't play games and waste my time. If you do, one of these days, I may have something that you really want, but guess what, there may not be a time waster list on the forum, but I have one!! Probably a good chance that I won't take a second chance on you.

Yup. Have my own list and I get the last laugh when I get a PM on future listings.

Buyer: "I'll take it! It's my graillllll!!! What's your PP?"

Me: "Sure give me 5 mins and I'll send it... (never)"

Yup. Have my own list and I get the last laugh when I get a PM on future listings.

Buyer: "I'll take it! It's my graillllll!!! What's your PP?"

Me: "Sure give me 5 mins and I'll send it... (never)"

That's perfect!! And of course they will send you about 3-4 PM's wondering where you are, why didn't you send the Paypal info, "please, I neeeed this watch"!! And maybe at some point the light bulb goes on in their pea brain and they realize " wait a minute, isn't this the same seller that I PM'ed about buying a watch a few months back, got his info and never followed through? Now I understand, he isn't going to get back to me, ever"

• 3 weeks later...

That's perfect!! And of course they will send you about 3-4 PM's wondering where you are, why didn't you send the Paypal info, "please, I neeeed this watch"!! And maybe at some point the light bulb goes on in their pea brain and they realize " wait a minute, isn't this the same seller that I PM'ed about buying a watch a few months back, got his info and never followed through? Now I understand, he isn't going to get back to me, ever"

And sure enough this JUST happened to me. My action? Post their username on the sales thread as a time waster. Hopefully a future seller looks up their name and activity to see the past issue. Maybe this is the way we all help each other out.

"I'll take the watch, sending payment now" and in reality nothing was ever sent or communication to even say he changed his mind. Frustrating.

http://www.rwgforum.net/index.php?/topic/175110-FS%3A-WM9-TT-16613-%28CONUS%29

• Like 1

I realise it must be frustrating when this happens, and very rude from the buyers point of view, but it doesn't automatically make them a scammer and personally I wouldn't have linked this persons name to this thread about a scammer.

I realise it must be frustrating when this happens, and very rude from the buyers point of view, but it doesn't automatically make them a scammer and personally I wouldn't have linked this persons name to this thread about a scammer.

No where in my post did I even suggest this individual was a scammer. Read more carefully.

I made a comment regarding this exact scenario weeks ago and pan continued the comment I made, in a joking manner. In fact the majority of the posts in this thread are complaining about the exact thing I mentioned in my recent post.

Buyers that waste time like this guy should be called out. Maybe we can slowly clean up the "paying" tire kickers.

I know you didn't mention it specifically, but as I said the problem is that sellers name is now linked to the word "scammer" in this thread by association through your post.

If you hadn't linked to the sales thread it would have just been a general comment which is fine, but the link was given.

No where in my post did I even suggest this individual was a scammer. Read more carefully.

I made a comment regarding this exact scenario weeks ago and pan continued the comment I made, in a joking manner. In fact the majority of the posts in this thread are complaining about the exact thing I mentioned in my recent post.

Buyers that waste time like this guy should be called out. Maybe we can slowly clean up the "paying" tire kickers.

+1. It is one thing to change one's mind, but to do so without informing the seller is what irks me.

Having said that, I have been guilty of "mind-changing" a few times here, both as the buyer and the seller.

I am trying to learn to improve my communication and not be a pain to others. ;)

+1. It is one thing to change one's mind, but to do so without informing the seller is what irks me.

Having said that, I have been guilty of "mind-changing" a few times here, both as the buyer and the seller.

I am trying to learn to improve my communication and not be a pain to others. ;)

A, folks change their minds all the time. Situations change, sometime suddenly. It happens to everyone. The wife walks in and announces your daughter needs braces, your car dies, you get a big tax bill, etc. .,etc., .etc. What irks me is the guy who doesn't have  the common courtesy of a short PM, "Sorry, something has come up and I just can't buy your watch, GLWS" That's just a courtesy that everyone should not even have to think twice about.

• Like 4