When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone Own The Speedmaster X-33 Quartz Replica?

crystalcranium

Now that I've convinced my wife to get it for me for Christmas and the order is in process, I've decided to ask about it :bangin:

Does it mimic the original in function accurately? Do you get any instructions with it? Are you happy with it?

All comments and thoughts welcome

Bought it from Silix.

Now that I've convinced my wife to get it for me for Christmas and the order is in process, I've decided to ask about it :bangin:

Does it mimic the original in function accurately? Do you get any instructions with it? Are you happy with it?

All comments and thoughts welcome

Bought it from Silix.

As you know I also ordered 1 from Silix. I also hope it mimic the original in function. BTW manual for the real thing is here http://home.xnet.com/~cmaddox/omega/manuals/X-33/X-33.html

Actually, I just found a post from Chrogod in the ohoto section where he describes the functions. I have PMd him for some further information. The post is below.

Yes, the X-33 is from Silix. I have only seen this version of the X-33 by TTK and Silix. The hands are fully functional as well as the digital part. This is a replica of the first version of the X-33, as it has the polished bezel and pushers, and the old crown.

It has:

- Rather strong, nice backlight.

- Choice of 24 or AM/PM timezone

- Chronograph

- 2nd timezone

- Alarm

- Cheap bracelet, old type. The genuine is made of titanium, but the astronauts use it with a kevlar strap.

One thing that buggers me a minor bit is that it has indication of day @ 5 o clock. The genuine does not have this. But except from the use of steel instead of titan, this is the only "major" flaw. Also the caseback is engraved with "The first watch worn on the moon. Flight qualified by Nasa.. etc".

And I also have a problem with figuring out how to operate the alarm. I can set it, but when it rings I always activate a five minute snooze function, instead of just turning it off. Frankly, I have not discovered how to turn it off in a simple way.

But all in all, definently something different and a keeper. The girls like it!

But please, anyone else, all information is welcome

I looked at the X-33 this evening, and took some shots for those interested. The battery was flat ( Digital display still runs), so I opened the caseback. It looked better than I remembered, the movement fills out the whole case, and there is an o-ring. :-)

I will finally do a review of this watch, in a few days. It deserves that. Until then, some pictures.

169100-10282.jpg

The X-33 was never on Apollo 11....

169100-10283.jpg

..... Even though the caseback says "First watch on the Moon" :D This is a replica of the first version of the X-33, and should actually only have the Speedmaster logo on the back. But the cool engraving suits it well.

169100-10284.jpg

Nice blue Lume. "Blue Moon" **Edit: Blue Backlight**

169100-10285.jpg

Tintin and Haddock find it quite impressive... They are amazed by the details echoing the original Speedmaster Pro, as the lugs and the two dots@12 o'clock..

169100-10286.jpg

The movement and battery are hidden by a plastic sheet. It is fastened by two small screws.

169100-10287.jpg

Battery change is not difficult. The movement looks proper, and fills the case.

169100-10288.jpg

Wristshot. Not titanium as the gen, but a nice, heavy watch.

I looked at the X-33 this evening, and took some shots for those interested. The battery was flat ( Digital display still runs), so I opened the caseback. It looked better than I remembered, the movement fills out the whole case, and there is an o-ring. :-)

I will finally do a review of this watch, in a few days. It deserves that. Until then, some pictures.

169190-10249.jpg

The X-33 was never on Apollo 11..

169190-10250.jpg

... Even though the caseback says "First watch on the Moon" :D This is a replica of the first version of the X-33, and should actually only have the Speedmaster logo on the back. But the cool engraving suits it well.

169190-10251.jpg

Nice blue Lume. "Blue Moon"

169190-10252.jpg

Tintin and Haddock find it quite impressive... They are amazed by the details echoing the original Speedmaster Pro, as the lugs and the two dots@12 o'clock..

169190-10253.jpg

The movement and battery are hidden by a big plastic spacer. It is fastened by two small screws.

169190-10254.jpg

Battery change is not difficult. The movement looks proper, and fills the case.

169190-10255.jpg

Wristshot. Not titanium as the gen, but a nice, heavy watch.

Looks like the caseback screws are faux? The back just pops off???

Yep, it is the backlight which is blue. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

When you press the button@11, it lights up for 3-4 seconds. ( On the genuine the seconds hand halts when the light is on, in order to save energy. Afterwards, it jumps the interval the lights has been on. )

The caseback is an ordinary screw-on type.. If the screws were real, I bet the assembly process, and the rep had been much more expensive.

I will buy a new CR2016 battery for mine tomorrow! :- )

Yep, it is the backlight which is blue. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

When you press the button@11, it lights up for 3-4 seconds. ( On the genuine the seconds hand halts when the light is on, in order to save energy. Afterwards, it jumps the interval the lights has been on. )

The caseback is an ordinary screw-on type.. If the screws were real, I bet the assembly process, and the rep had been much more expensive.

I will buy a new CR2016 battery for mine tomorrow! :- )

You mentioned in your PM the battery looked like it was soldered in. Was it easy to get out? It doesn't look like the battery has any lead on it.

You mentioned in your PM the battery looked like it was soldered in. Was it easy to get out? It doesn't look like the battery has any lead on it.

I remembered wrong, luckily. When I opened the caseback I saw that the battery sits under the white plastic sheet, which are fastened by two small screws. Battery change is not as intuitive as on mainstream watches, but easy enough.

• 1 year later...