When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Realistic expectations of reps?

K12AN

Hello all

I've received my QC's for a Rolex Daytona - I wasn't happy with the dial (the markers were not centred).

TD sent the watch back to the factory and got another...again, the markers were off. It was definitely a different watch, as different markers were off this time.

It is very easily visible to the naked eye that the markers are out of line. The marker at 12 was off centre - some of the dots are out of line etc.

The TD is doing his part, so no complaints about him.

My question is:

1. Am I being too picky? I don't see the point in buying the watch, if I'd be too embarrassed to wear it. Are factories just this careless?

2. Should the TD be inspecting the watches more carefully when picking them up from the factory? These are glaring errors which I would hope that they spot immediately.

I hate wasting their time (as well as mine) and I'm sure he'll get annoyed with me if I'm rejecting all QC's.

I appreciate that TDs are paid before they supply QC's - but if I'd seen these before, I would not have bought it at all. This is not a cheap rep either - its approx $250

Any experience in this matter. How many times have you rejected watches before the TD loses patience with you?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards

K12AN

It's impossible to tell if you are being too picky if we don't have access to the QC pics.     There will always be issues with a $250 rep of a $10,000+ watch.    In the end, you'll have to decide what issues you can live with, then decide whether tor not the rep in question is something you can deal with or not.