When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Schumacher Crooked Tachy

mjmj

I thought I'd ask the esteemed members here for help. I received my Schumi a couple of days ago and it arrived with a crooked Tachymeter ring. Would anyone here know how to straighten it and be willing to share the instructions on how to please? I am look at all avenues before sending it back to the dealer.

Please see the pic below showing the extent of the misaligned tachy.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

image_zps622aa13a.jpg

J, sent you PM.

The tachymeter seems to be a part of the case assembly for the Schumi, and yes, that IS unacceptably misaligned.

I would recommend a DIY fix if you have the proper Hex key for the job.. please refer to the link I sent and see if you need further help.

Else, yes its a painful and long process back to the dealer.

If the watch sent is not the watch approved during QC process, you should name the dealer so that everyone seeking to purchase the Schumi can be aware of such underhanded tactics. I know that a lot of Schumi were rejected, and dealers can easily pass on these rejects to schumi buyers, cross their fingers, and hope that the flaws go unnoticed.

I do not think that it is likely that a QC approved watch gets "accidentally" swapped for another watch. Possible but unlikely unless there were 10 schumis pending shipment along with yours... and even so, the sticker on the QC watch should help prevent such errors. So the circumstances under which you received this watch is extremely dubious to say the least.