When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

crooked glass on Yachtmaster II

djunky

Hi Guys

I need you help :)

I just noticed that the glass on my Yachtmaster II is not properly aligned with the bezel.. It kinda pops-up on one side and follows the edges on the other

I haven't dropped it or anything.. And it wasnt noticable on the QC either.. I have had it for awhile (couple of months) so it not be fair to ship it back :)

Please see that attached pics

Is this an easy fix or?

Thanks in advance

-DJ-

ndsj0x.jpg

The ok side

33orx8y.jpg

The crooked side

1535fme.jpg

Standard QC for reps. Personally, since no one could possibly see it without having it pointed out to them &/or without a loupe, I would not worry (or do anything) about it. There are 2 possible causes - either the crystal was not seated fully or the crystal was cut slightly uneven. But if it keeps you up at night, your options are to take it to a local, rep-friendly watchmaker & have him remove/reinstall the crystal. Or replace the rep crystal with a gen or more evenly cut rep. If you are going to spend the time/money/effort to replace the crystal, by all means, go gen (depending on your particular case, the exact gen model may or many not fit, so your watchmaker may need to do some trial-&-error fitting). They do look nicer & sparkle more.