When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Extreme Mods On Pam 063 2893

flavor flav

all hands set to 12:00 and "hacked" before removing and installed at 12:00 same as pulled off. may be the adjustment. it's fine. i tested it.

Actually, I was asking about mine. That one looks perfect.

With all hands at 12, the GMT hand sits at about 23:40... As long as the GMT hand isn't keyed on the stack, a simple realignment should take care of it.

Hi guys...

just thought to show you my 2893 Pam 063, after all the upgrades I made on it.

Right now, only the AR coat is missing..., then it will be perfect! :Jumpy::1a:

Mods made:

- Genuine tritium hands set (from Adam-co)

- 1:1 crown that I further polished (from Palp)

- Correct datewheel (from Lello) :whistling:

- 1,8x sapphire cyclops (from Sssurfer)

- Dial re lume

- Genuine alligator strap (from Panerai Firenze boutique)

The total cost, included the rep price, is around 1000 € :o:bangin:

Here are a few shots..., let me know your thoughts, if you like. ;)

171447-9501.jpg

171447-9502.jpg

171447-9503.jpg

171447-9504.jpg

171447-9505.jpg

Edited by lello

this is why i am extremely careful and pull the whole stack at once to prevent scratches.

Pulling the whole stack at once is not a standard practice, and there is a real risk of damaging the movement by pulling more than one hand at a time.

Standard practice is to remove each hand in turn, if done correctly, there is no risk of scratches to the hands, there is a real risk of damage to the movement caused by the stress of removing all 4 hands at once.

Simply hacking the movement at 12, and then installing the hands at 12 again, is not a realiable way to do any watch, especially a GMT model. You need to take more steps to ensure that the GMT hand lines up with the main ones, it's not a static installation but a dynamic one. There are many things to consider when installing hands, gear train, spacing etc...but that is all covered in basic watchmaking courses.

RG

Pulling the whole stack at once is not a standard practice, and there is a real risk of damaging the movement by pulling more than one hand at a time.

Standard practice is to remove each hand in turn, if done correctly, there is no risk of scratches to the hands, there is a real risk of damage to the movement caused by the stress of removing all 4 hands at once.

Simply hacking the movement at 12, and then installing the hands at 12 again, is not a realiable way to do any watch, especially a GMT model. You need to take more steps to ensure that the GMT hand lines up with the main ones, it's not a static installation but a dynamic one. There are many things to consider when installing hands, gear train, spacing etc...but that is all covered in basic watchmaking courses.

RG

I must say I have noticed that the GMT hand does not line up precisely with the main time. It seems to be just about 10-15 minutes ahead. In other words, it the main time is 12:00, and the GMT time is set for three hours ahead, the GMT is not lined up on the hour marker.

:D thank you for your details of this....learn much.... i want to be up..up...up..

post-4058-1166978732_thumb.jpg