When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bead Blasting

ajoesmith

Im thinkong of getting an IWC Aquatimer as i really like the look of it but its in SS and the genuine is in Ti as far as i know.

Id like to get the whole case bead blasted or sand blasted not too sure of the correct terminology...

Does anyone know where this can be done or is there an easier way to achieve the Ti or brushed look on SS??

Thanks

Joe

joe

i've had probably a dozen watches beadblasted most by jack alexyon and industrial watch works. there are significant differences in beadblasting. the use of a coarser or finer medium and the pressure can create totally different finishes. jack uses a fine medium (it's his trade secret) to produce a very smooth satin finish that i personally like a lot. a lot of the guys on the tactical forums like the work done by randall from the seiko forum that's a much rougher coarser finish as it does not show small scratches as easily.

ti is a bit darker and more gray than steel but steel blasted by jack would be much closer. the watches i've had done by him also develop a nice patina over time. here's a few pics...

169499-10153.jpg

169499-10154.jpg

169499-10155.jpg

169499-10156.jpg