When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fake 93150 on eBay?

ww12345

Looks frankenish!

• Ref numbers mismatch
  • coronet on clasp is strange, big wide mouth, frog feet

No expert on 93150 but those are the details that I see wrong.

Someone has to contact as there are already 2 bids on this. The seller has to either correct description or cancel bidding.

The seller stated that the clasp blade was a 78350 which is from a non flip lock 19mm bracelet. This is a bracelet made from parts, and while it may be in good shape, and function properly, it's not correct. It's all Rolex, but it's a franken, and consequently not worth as much as a correct 93150. Bracelets like this are not as  uncommon as you would think. Folks buy a Rolex watch, years later something on the bracelet wears out or breaks, they take it to their local Rolex watchmaker, the watchmaker has a lot of old parts, and he uses what's available and fits. Owner gets his watch back, bracelet is fixed, and the owner doesn't care a bit that the numbers don't match. I bought a 16750 about 10 years ago, from 1986. It came with and incorrect clasp from a Jubilee, rather than the correct 78360 clasp. I'm sure in the first 15+ years of it's life, something happened to the clasp and it was replaced with the jubilee clasp. Probably wasn't a problem to the first owner, but I wanted it correct and I searched for a long time before I found a correct year clasp. Lesson learned, you may get a bargain in the beginning, but to make it right you will end up paying more than you would for a correct one to start with. In my case, I got the watch for a good deal, so it worked out, but in the case of this Ebay bracelet, it's always going to be incorrect until you spend more money to get it right.

• Like 1

The seller stated that the clasp blade was a 78350 which is from a non flip lock 19mm bracelet. This is a bracelet made from parts, and while it may be in good shape, and function properly, it's not correct. It's all Rolex, but it's a franken

I don't know man. Are you sure that's "gen" franken? I'm not saying that it's the same as PT Sub's but close. Never I have seen this kind of coronet on gen clasp.

PT pictures of Sub 14060M:

Sub: http://www.pure-time.com/product/submariner-14060m-a2836/

Clasp: http://www.pure-time.com/published/publicdata/PTWWEBASYST/attachments/SC/products_pictures/RLX-2011-02-28-01-10_enl.jpg

Clasp: http://www.pure-time.com/published/publicdata/PTWWEBASYST/attachments/SC/products_pictures/RLX-2011-02-28-01-09_enl.jpg

Another head scratcher is clasps stamped inner markings which is too bold or how to say, too square at the bottom of letters. I have seen V and U shape stamped letters.