When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Newman

SuperDanX

post-10505-0-05532200-1422111512_thumb.jpost-10505-0-94694500-1422111537_thumb.jpost-10505-0-96114900-1422111572_thumb.j

My new Daytona and first rep turned up today from Trusty Time, frankly it's exceeded all expectations! I wasn't expecting much even after aproving the qc photos, but it's really beautiful despite its flaws. I bought it as a basis for a franken build I'm planing as I'm determined to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear, only problem is now its here I can only imagine I'll make it worse! :D I'll give it a go though as if it's this nice now how much will I love it when I 'fix it up' time will tell..

Lots of work ahead..... Welding the mid case to correct the pushers sitting as it is way too large now (or install early type screw down pushers to make a 6240), change the dial for a DW mystery, adapt a Watch NY or DW bezel to the case, fit a gen crown and a gen -or approaching- crystal, erase the phony 6263/65 ref and serial to engrave a more convincing serial and ref..... Thrilling !  B)  If you intend to do it right, you'll learn a lot here!

Well my immediate plans for the watch is just to live with it for a while and figure out what I actually what I want to do with it now I have it in hand. Before it arrived I had big plans, and now it's here some of the faults I wanted to fix I may be happy to live with, at this point I'm going to have a think and read more. Any work will be carried out as and when funds permit so work could be sporadic (I need tools for a start) My original plan was some minor case reshaping to soften off the case, fit a new bezel: post-10505-0-60071600-1422124768_thumb.j I have one of those 'Swedish' bezels (pictured) a V72 dial from Phong, a new crown and tube and possibly replace the pushers and crystal, but keep the Venus movement.. Until I saw some guy on repgeek had fitted a V72 in a cartel PN (see picture 2) which got me thinking again! Any suggestions welcomed as I have lots to learn. post-10505-0-00886000-1422125065_thumb.j