When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A7750 movement

Vjdslk

Hi Group,

I read a report on rep movements from the perspective of a watchsmith. I'm interested in a Tag Carrera 43mm chrono with this movement. His comments on this movement are below. I was looking for input from those that have watches with this movement. I realize $300 isn't a ton of money, but I was hoping the watch would function normally for 3 years at least. Are my expectation unreal?

Thanks!

Jon D.

"7750's with chrono function, seconds @ 9.

I get quite a few questions about these and heres my view on them. They are a decent movement, even more so for the money they cost. The issue with them is they are also the dirtiest and incorrectly oiled of all the reps I see. I dont really know why this is but they are never done well. Sometimes I am amazed they have even run at all before they arrive on my bench. My honest opinion is if you are buying one of these you really should factor into the price the cost of having it serviced or buy it with a view that it might only last a few months and you will need to buy a new one or have it serviced then. I know theres exceptions to the rule and some people have bough asian 7750's that have run out of the box for years, but then someone has to win the lottery! In honesty there probably is a fair few that last quite a while but its all down to luck I can assure you. The movement as is from the factory is poor at best. One other issue to mention is hands, on quite a regular basis I have to do something with these. In an ideal world I would just fit new ones but unfortunately I dont have a supply of rep hands on tap so have to make do with what I have. Very occasionally the hands cant be sourced and the only option is a new one although this is rare. The main issue being the center seconds. The hammer slams down onto then heart pretty hard when you reset these and if the hand isn't fitted tight to the pinion the possibility of it slipping is high. This is often what has happens if your hand isn't resetting to zero anymore. Even once serviced I recommend using the chrono sparingly if at all, used as a watch to tell the time alone it should be a fairly good time keeper."

Not winding manually and not using the chrono functions are two very good tidbits of advice when dealing with A7750 movements in your watches. I have however had several of these and without knowing better I used the chronograph and constantly wound them manualy without incident. What I'm saying is, don't let these warnings scare you away from the watch you want, if you get a good movement then they are very robust.

You can absolutely use the chronograph and you can manually wind the movement - just do so sparingly and you will be fine.  

Hi and welcome. I have 2 of these and they are running fine for well over 1 Year by strictly following the rules. There are several about when to set the date, where to stop the chrono if it is used, non-winding etc. They are more sensible than other reps, meaning if You ding against something it´s not shockproof. While the urge is there to get a chrono as the first watch it´s better to stay clear unless it´s quartz, best bet would be to get a non-complicated watch with an Asian ETA first.

Before You buy the A7750 in my opinion You need: other watches to wear; the contacts of a reliable watchsmith able to service it, few do, read in detail about how to handle the movement. Don´t use the chrono is easily said and only use it when the watch is on good power-reserve (which means wearing it for 2-3 days as it shouldn´t be winded) but once You get it "You need to try it out just once or twice or....." You get the idea.

I have a few with A7750 movements as well as three with ETA 7750's. I have two AP ROO's that have been serviced by Domi with  the jewel mod. I wind those every time I start wearing them if they have been in the watch box for a few days and are completely run down. Also my Tudor BB which is genuine, and another Tudor with and  ETA 7750  and a DW pre Daytona with an ETA 7753.  I do wind then more slowly and carefully than I would an ETA 2824.

An important rule to remember is when setting the date, best to have the hour between 3 and 9, I usually set the hands to 6:30, set the date, then set the time. This is also and absolute rule with an ETA 2893-2 GMT movement as well as the 7750, both a 7750 and the ETA 7750  

• 3 weeks later...

I have a few with A7750 movements as well as three with ETA 7750's. I have two AP ROO's that have been serviced by Domi with  the jewel mod. I wind those every time I start wearing them if they have been in the watch box for a few days and are completely run down. Also my Tudor BB which is genuine, and another Tudor with and  ETA 7750  and a DW pre Daytona with an ETA 7753.  I do wind then more slowly and carefully than I would an ETA 2824.

An important rule to remember is when setting the date, best to have the hour between 3 and 9, I usually set the hands to 6:30, set the date, then set the time. This is also and absolute rule with an ETA 2893-2 GMT movement as well as the 7750, both a 7750 and the ETA 7750  

Hello all,

could someone tell me whats is the difference between these two movements?

http://www.replicahause.nl/hublot-big-bang-minute-repeater-swiss-replica-watch-1-1-mirror-replica-watch.html

http://www.qualityswissreplica.co/hublot/hublot-big-bang-flying-tourbillon-rose-gold-skeleton-watch684419.html

Thank you a lot.

Hi and welcome. I have 2 of these and they are running fine for well over 1 Year by strictly following the rules. There are several about when to set the date, where to stop the chrono if it is used, non-winding etc. They are more sensible than other reps, meaning if You ding against something it´s not shockproof. While the urge is there to get a chrono as the first watch it´s better to stay clear unless it´s quartz, best bet would be to get a non-complicated watch with an Asian ETA first.

Before You buy the A7750 in my opinion You need: other watches to wear; the contacts of a reliable watchsmith able to service it, few do, read in detail about how to handle the movement. Don´t use the chrono is easily said and only use it when the watch is on good power-reserve (which means wearing it for 2-3 days as it shouldn´t be winded) but once You get it "You need to try it out just once or twice or....." You get the idea.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge and the willingness to share it! Greatly appreciated!

Hi Group,

I read a report on rep movements from the perspective of a watchsmith. I'm interested in a Tag Carrera 43mm chrono with this movement. His comments on this movement are below. I was looking for input from those that have watches with this movement. I realize $300 isn't a ton of money, but I was hoping the watch would function normally for 3 years at least. Are my expectation unreal?

Thanks!

Jon D.

"7750's with chrono function, seconds @ 9.

I get quite a few questions about these and heres my view on them. They are a decent movement, even more so for the money they cost. The issue with them is they are also the dirtiest and incorrectly oiled of all the reps I see. I dont really know why this is but they are never done well. Sometimes I am amazed they have even run at all before they arrive on my bench. My honest opinion is if you are buying one of these you really should factor into the price the cost of having it serviced or buy it with a view that it might only last a few months and you will need to buy a new one or have it serviced then. I know theres exceptions to the rule and some people have bough asian 7750's that have run out of the box for years, but then someone has to win the lottery! In honesty there probably is a fair few that last quite a while but its all down to luck I can assure you. The movement as is from the factory is poor at best. One other issue to mention is hands, on quite a regular basis I have to do something with these. In an ideal world I would just fit new ones but unfortunately I dont have a supply of rep hands on tap so have to make do with what I have. Very occasionally the hands cant be sourced and the only option is a new one although this is rare. The main issue being the center seconds. The hammer slams down onto then heart pretty hard when you reset these and if the hand isn't fitted tight to the pinion the possibility of it slipping is high. This is often what has happens if your hand isn't resetting to zero anymore. Even once serviced I recommend using the chrono sparingly if at all, used as a watch to tell the time alone it should be a fairly good time keeper."

jop

good idea

Please read my response to this question in the post you made today. These are SCAM Sites !!!!!  :nono: