When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who Said Black Straps Don't Leave/have Patina ?

V

Well I wanted black straps to look vintage and leave a patina.. Although not being tan to darker the colour by time it was not so easy to find the right leather..

Here are my two favourite black 'vintage' straps..

1. MP rubberised calf waterproof strap. With the water and the wear has now a wrikled very nice texture. Plus this strap has the MOST intense leather smell of all the straps I have.

2. MP1 with vintage leaher from the 50's. Very rare strap I got second hand like new and the more I wear it the better it becomes.

Some photos to show you what I mean:

170588-9800.jpg

170588-9801.jpg

170588-9802.jpg

170588-9803.jpg

170588-9804.jpg

170588-9805.jpg

Nice straps K!! I really like the black too... but end up changing all the time. Don't wear brown *too* much, but ocasionally.

My favourite blacks right now are my Europelly shell cord and my black baseball straps...

BTW, I probably wouldn't call it patina per se... Patina is an oxidation of a material, where your straps above are just finely aged :-D

Nice straps K!! I really like the black too... but end up changing all the time. Don't wear brown *too* much, but ocasionally.

My favourite blacks right now are my Europelly shell cord and my black baseball straps...

BTW, I probably wouldn't call it patina per se... Patina is an oxidation of a material, where your straps above are just finely aged :-D

Thanks David.. I know what you mean.. although the MP1 seems to do the process you describe above.. The MP6 is aged and wrinkled as you said :)

• 2 weeks later...

Those are killer straps V. A good black strap seems to be a search. I just got a black sharkskin from Elliot and like it quite a lot.