When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black 6263 Dial with Metallic Sub-Dials?!

slay

I found quite a few 6263 dials that have metallic sub-dials but I couldn't find a gen watch with such sub-dials. These dials are usually quite expensive (between 350 and 750$), so I'm surprised the sellers would ask such high prices if these dials are indeed so wrong that most experts can tell from far away. Has there been a 6263/6265 with such metallic sub-dials (see pic below)?!

Also, why has noone made a reasonably accurate dial yet? Yuki's dials have the rlx crown way too high (and it's also the wrong shape, it kind of looks like a canal street rolex) and the Rolex printing is not as thin as the real one. Phong's dials are slightly better, but their printing is also not thin enough and the daytona printing looks off as well (and all that for close to 500 - ridiculous!!). NDTrading has pretty decent dials, but they are not genuine and they are asking over 3k for a dial - that's straight up profiteering. 

k48cac.jpg

Hate to be the one to say it, but hey unless you're going gen, what can you expect you know. With my little bit of knowledge as well, if I am not mistaken the was some black 6263 dials that had subdials with what was a very very faint silver color on them that in certain light did appear to be white, again I'm no expert so maybe some one can chime in. As for these dials with the heavy metallic silver color definitely agree with you 110% but they can be decent. I have a few that I have taken the crappy coronets off of and then sprayed with a matte finish, letting them dry then going back in with a paint brush and adding more layers on the subdials themselves, throw a gen coronet on them and they not terrible but not the best of the best

Few examples:

040cb5da92ed1a7b2be9b6ffed1482d0.jpg

1ab83ccb44c7acb31fb6a89855fd561b.jpg

What it looks like in the case:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/174858-the-vintage-daytona-6263-waiting-game/?fromsearch=1

-Will

Sent from my !Phone using Tapatalk

Edited by WCM21_88
  • Like 1

Hate to be the one to say it, but hey unless you're going gen, what can you expect you know. With my little bit of knowledge as well, if I am not mistaken the was some black 6263 dials that had subdials with what was a very very faint silver color on them that in certain light did appear to be white, again I'm no expert so maybe some one can chime in. As for these dials with the heavy metallic silver color definitely agree with you 110% but they can be decent. I have a few that I have taken the crappy coronets off of and then sprayed with a matte finish, letting them dry then going back in with a paint brush and adding more layers on the subdials themselves, throw a gen coronet on them and they not terrible but not the best of the best

Few examples:

040cb5da92ed1a7b2be9b6ffed1482d0.jpg

1ab83ccb44c7acb31fb6a89855fd561b.jpg

What it looks like in the case:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/174858-the-vintage-daytona-6263-waiting-game/?fromsearch=1

-Will

Sent from my !Phone using Tapatalk

Thanks, those pics are definitely helpful. Though if I'd have to pick between a wrong daytona font and silver sub-dials, I'd personally lean towards correct sub-dials and the wrong font. And the hunt for a dial continues!

• 2 weeks later...