When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 063..., Almost Perfect Now!

lello

Hi guys...

just thought to show you my 2893 Pam 063, after all the upgrades I made on it.

Right now, only the AR coat is missing..., then it will be perfect! :Jumpy::1a:

Mods made:

- Genuine tritium hands set (from Adam-co)

- 1:1 crown that I further polished (from Palp)

- Correct datewheel (from Lello) :whistling:

- 1,8x sapphire 6mm cyclops, as for gen. (from Sssurfer)

- Dial re lume

- Genuine alligator strap (from Panerai Firenze boutique)

The total cost, included the rep price, is over 1000 € :o:bangin::bounce:

Here are a few shots..., let me know your thoughts, if you like. ;)

171450-9496.jpg

171450-9497.jpg

171450-9498.jpg

171450-9499.jpg

171450-9500.jpg

Edited by lello

A stunner, Lello, congrats!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

Gen-like at a fraction of its cost! Watch knowledge and RWG skills at their best.

I have to say that the super-cyclops works much better on your 063 than on my 028A.

I suppose that is because the 063 reahaut fits very well with the new cyclops, or because the additional lens on the 028 date window makes the magnification almost excessive (or both).

Glad also to see that deployant clasp on your strap. Looking at your strap now I understand why you found no reason to leave the small clasp tubes out: your strap is a different thickness than mine.

Should you find the palp crown a little too thick, you may always swap back to a Lello's crown... :lol:

Guys is it just me or has no one pointed out that the serial number on our beloved PAM 63's is wrong??

The Rep PAM 63 has a 'B' serial but the Gen has 'C' serial

has this been discussed before??

check it out here: http://www.paneristi.com/reference/vendome...meframeset.html

Hei!..., I like more your avatar, than your comment here! :p

... I thought there was a B serial sometimes..., somewhere..., somehow... -_-

Edited by lello

I really don't think the Palp crown could be wrong here.

Perhaps there might have been some differences on crown thickness on the 063 productions, but there are surely some that have thick crowns.

Here is another pic of a gen.

172408-9257.jpg

Wow...it looks like the Watchmen cyclops (accidentally) duplicates the OEM 63's mag 1:1.

@ssurfer: I think the extra cyclops can be removed if my 222 is any indication...minbe popped right out w a TINY bit of paint stripper applied to the back. I can make no guarantees about paint damage though...my smith may have gotten lucky.

oh..excellent...can you give me some advance how to upgrade mine............ :bounce:

i have a lot....maybe i can create my own rew.......no one has...want to make mine better.and i can provide best service for my customers

post-4058-1166806327_thumb.jpg

post-4058-1166806589_thumb.jpg

Wow...it looks like the Watchmen cyclops (accidentally) duplicates the OEM 63's mag 1:1.

'Accidentally'! :lol:

We all worked hard night and day to achieve that result!... :lol::lol:

@ssurfer: I think the extra cyclops can be removed if my 222 is any indication...minbe popped right out w a TINY bit of paint stripper applied to the back. I can make no guarantees about paint damage though...my smith may have gotten lucky.

Thanks for the hint, John.

I'm just scared by the chance to ruin something.

I recently removed the watchmen cyclops from my 028 and replaced it with a prototype of my new cyclopses (one with 12mm FL, not those 10mm FL you are well aware of ;) ), and I have to say that I got a better result this way.

So maybe that 10mm FL, and/or the new Finepic's datewheel, are ok even without removing the small lens. I'll give them a try as soon as they will arrive.