When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ordering from Puretime [INFORMATION PLEASE!]

Avenue

I'm going to order from Puretime, but I wanted to pay with PayPal. (I assumed I was "trusted" enough to be allowed to pay with PayPal, and I have no CreditCard). 

Unfortunately, Marie, the head of sales, told me they "didn't have" a PayPal account anymore. Which is very possible. 

She told me: We only accept Visa, MasterCard, Western Union (10% discount) and Bank Transfer (8% discount)

So the thing is: I have no Visa nor MasterCard, I've never used Western Union and I always get advised to stay away from it. (Not very sure why, because the money is untraceable and once it's gone, it's gone?) Why do I get 10% discounted on a WU transfer? 

Also, how does a "bank transfer" work? Can I arrange it online, or should I head to my bank's office and do it? Also, why is there again a big discount of 8% on that? Usually I like discounts, but I'm not very sure why I'm getting them for using different payment methods.

Ofcourse, I trust Puretime and I know it's a TD on the forum and many others, and many are satisfied with their products, which is the reason I've decided to order from them! Still, I'd like to know these things because I want to order.  :phone:

Thanks! 

Short answer is that you have to pay the fee associated with the transaction when using these options vs PT assorbs the fee associated with a credit card transaction. Fees vary so check with your local agent to compare western union vs bank transfer. Of the two options I'd chose western union, just my previous experience.

I use western union but in person in a wu outlet not online ..i was always dubious before my initial purchases but its totally cool and nothing to worry about .

Good luck

I have the same thing. Seems like an untraceable "thing".. But thanks for your comment. Should I just transfer the money from my bank to WU online, and then send them money through WU? Thanks.

Send it WU from a local WU outlet. Fees are a little cheaper than online (not possible for you anyway, no credit card!!) Bank transfers are expensive for international transfers as well, better to use WU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short answer is that you have to pay the fee associated with the transaction when using these options vs PT assorbs the fee associated with a credit card transaction. Fees vary so check with your local agent to compare western union vs bank transfer. Of the two options I'd chose western union, just my previous experience.

Thanks! I'll use WU.

Send it WU from a local WU outlet. Fees are a little cheaper than online (not possible for you anyway, no credit card!!) Bank transfers are expensive for international transfers as well, better to use WU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice. I can use online banking to transfer money to WU, apparently. It says on the WU website, so I'll just do that.

:-) Thanks.

Many TD's dropped PayPal as a payment method since a lot of noob f#cked them over...

That's what I thought already, unfortunately. I really like PayPal. 

i think sometimes there can be a problem using wu online for payments to china not sure but i think ive seen a few posts about it ..but its hassle free at any wu outlet in person and the discount your td give you will cover the fees you pay for using wu which to be honest are minimal .. and you will have a receipt of payment for your peace of mind and just let your td know the money has been transferred so they can check their account and your watch will be with you pretty quick .

Thanks for the advice. I can use online banking to transfer money to WU, apparently. It says on the WU website, so I'll just do that.

I think the overwhelming response is don't use the online site go to a WU out and do the transfer in person but it's your call...

i think sometimes there can be a problem using wu online for payments to china not sure but i think ive seen a few posts about it ..but its hassle free at any wu outlet in person and the discount your td give you will cover the fees you pay for using wu which to be honest are minimal .. and you will have a receipt of payment for your peace of mind and just let your td know the money has been transferred so they can check their account and your watch will be with you pretty quick .

I think the overwhelming response is don't use the online site go to a WU out and do the transfer in person but it's your call...

So I should go to a WU in my City and transfer the money there, that's more convenient? 

So I should go to a WU in my City and transfer the money there, that's more convenient?

Yes, it's not a convenience issue it's a lower hassle issue. Many people say that they've had problems with the website and sending money to China. Also, the website and or bank transfer to WU might take longer than taking cash to a local WU agent. Like I said, it's not about what's easiest to do from home with a click of a button it's about ensuring that the dealer gets your money and in an expedient manor.