When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

swissdials.com(gen sub dial)

I want a rolex sub with black dial. I've looked at the new 2015v5 from BK. BK's looks very good. I guess being somewhat of a noob I am thinking too much. Also how are the bracelets on the rep subs? Do people buy BK's v5 rep and maybe put a better aftermarket bracelet on it?

I'd like to learn and have the tools to try and mod my watch also. Any ideas on here.

BTW I like your watch in your pic. It reminds me of the Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military....but a rolex which is super nice.

The BK V5 is a pretty good deal IMO. With a Swiss ETA, it should hold up for a long time and no mods are needed. I doubt you can find a better rep bracelet than the one that's on it.

Learning to mod watches is not that hard. It just takes time, lots of reading and then some practice.

The watch in my avatar is a 16800 with the matte dial, circa 1981-2.

P1000185-3.jpg 

I was thinking also about the TC LV sub type 2. That way I can put a genuine insert on it. Any thoughts on TC? As a person new to the forum and never having bought a watch before like this, it looks like TC is MIA or something.

You have been extremely helpful. I checked to see if there is something I can click to give you good feedback or something but it looks like theres only your reviews and post count.

TC is still around and certainly if you're looking for a 16610 or 16610 LV, he's the go to person. He's pretty busy and you may have to contact him thru his blog or email and not thru the forum.

RWG doesn't have a feedback system like some of the other forums, but people are always happy to help others out around here. That's how I've learned so much about watches.